Heated Mirrors - Again..... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Noobie
2014 Xerra S

Heated Mirrors - Again.....

Hey fellas.

1st time poster, been lurking for a while. I had a question I haven't been able to find through searching regarding heated mirrors

I have a 2014 S model.. I was digging around and noticed I have a relay and a fuze for heated mirrors but my mirrors are not actually heated oddly enough. I understand the Canadian version trucks did have the heated mirrors. Through some research I have learned there is a new mirror replacement for not a lot of money to get the heated glass into the housings. I have also found on eBay some repop heated mirror assemblies for very little money.

My question is, does anyone know if my 14, with the fuse and relay already installed, is the wiring harness also there? I havnt had a chance to take the door panels off but I was hoping maybe someone with a late model like mine has tackled this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 06:35 PM
2005 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

I've actually been wondering about heated mirrors as well considering the icy climate I'm in. As an addition to this question, how possible is it to add heated mirrors to an '05 S?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

how to heated mirrors site:thenewx.org

Carpe lardum

If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:23 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra X 4x4

Garage
I have a 2012 X-model, and on the mirrors, I see there is a "de-frost" or "de-ice' sign in the top corner but I don't see ice melt or anything when i turn the heat on, so I just wipe it off. I too am curious about this
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkierfawn21` View Post
I have a 2012 X-model, and on the mirrors, I see there is a "de-frost" or "de-ice' sign in the top corner but I don't see ice melt or anything when i turn the heat on, so I just wipe it off. I too am curious about this
I believe your Canada ones should have heated mirrors that turn on when you turn on the rear defroster. 90% sure.
ZheKing and funkierfawn21` like this.

Support small businesses that support us! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
Yep, they turn on with the rear window defrost.

I really need to do this to my ‘15. Worth it if you park outside where it snows.
funkierfawn21` likes this.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 PM

Garage
Oh, they do?
hmm. I haven't seen them work though. When I put rear defrost on, the rear as usually, de-frosts and nothing else happens.

I thought Nissan only put the mirror defrost function only on the Pro-4X and other models. I was thinking that maybe Nissan does have the function and all the wiring there, and they use the same mirrors regardless of de-frost stamp on ever X regardless of trim to save manufacturing and design costs and complications, but only enable it on "higher-end" trims.

It goes like this right?

X Trim: cheapest and most regular Xterra

S Trim: same as X but you get mud-flaps, running boards, door mouldings, cargo net, hood deflector

OR/Pro-4X:
same as S but you get fog lights, roof-mounted lights, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass, leather-wrapped steering wheel, six-CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input with wheel-mounted audio controls, electronic locking rear differential, Bilstein performance shock absorbers, skid plates, hill descent control, hill start assist and XM satellite radio.

SE/SV: Same as S but you get 17-inch alloy wheels, body-colour mirrors and door handles, chrome front grille and lower bumper, trip computer, and XM satellite radio (only automatic)
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 09:41 PM

Garage
I got a mud-flap from a junkyard Xterra as one side was missing, as well as running boards and a hood deflector cause I felt it was just too stock and missing out from everyone else.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
Very well could be there but not hooked up. I would be surprised if they used glass with the heating element but the mirror could be from a different vehicle I suppose.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Noobie
2014 Xerra S

yes thank you. I have been through that thread and the frontier page thread a bunch to only find 1 member that had a similar year to mine... and it seemed they still had to run the wire.

Im still curious if these would be an easter and better option

edit: since I can't post links. eBay has complete heated power mirrors assemblies for $90 for the pair..

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode