Front Brush Guard Damage Multiplier *Pic* - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By IssacHunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 XTERRA P R O - 4 X Night Armor [Gray]

Garage
Exclamation Front Brush Guard Damage Multiplier *Pic*

I know this isn't a second gen xterra but I thought it shows how badly the front brush guard can multiply the damage to the vehicle on a front impact.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
most likely would've looked the same without the brush guard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 05:09 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
I had one on a previous vehicle, and was in an accident with it (dimly lit morning, black cows in road...) while I totally agree it's a damage multiplier, I can see where they can possibly reduce damage to the radiator area enough a hit that might have trashed the mechanical bits might be mitigated enough you can still drive it home. I felt it did that in my case, but if it was worth it or not, doubtful.

I don't think I'd ever put one on a vehicle again. They are pretty flimsy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Don
2015 Xterra

While I realize most of those things are tremendously cheesy and light, surely having just a bit more metal to crush has to reduce the amount of energy available to crush what's behind the grill guard?

Don
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I've personally seen what one did to a buddies Silverado when he clipped a deer on his right side. The guard twisted to the right and into his fender, headlight, grille, hood, radiator and right side of his "chrome" bumper. Did massive damage to it whereas if he didn't have that on it would have most likely just been a bumper and headlight crack.

Somewhat ironically around a month after his clip I also had one myself. A deer ran out in front of me and I tried to avoid it by veering left (was going around 45 or so) and ending up clipping the right side of my Hardcore Offroad bumper. I ended up watching that deer slowly get up and stamper off probably to die later. Got out and saw NO damage what so ever to my vehicle. Only fur where it hit was there. Even my right fog light was saved.

So I look at it like this. If you want it and it's your money put it on but know that it can backfire. I personally will stick to the full guard steel bumper replacement ones.
Allshookup likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode