Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

3D Printed Phone Dash Mount

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GPD605X 
#1 ·
I was not liking the standard phone mount options out there, the window ones would gum up and leave crap allover my windshield in the Texas heat, and I never cared to bother with the ones that mounted on the vents, and since I am an engineering student I figured I would try to use Fusion 360 to make a mount.

I made this to allow any belt clip phone case to pop right into it, one so that you wouldn't have to look at it all the time if you didnt want to, but also because I didnt want to buy anything more.

The first prototype cost 5 bucks to be 3-d printed, but once I met the printer and we cut out the middle man website that linked us up, he only charged me 2 bucks to print the version you are seeing. The original version had a flat base just to make sure the thing would work with the clip etc. Then after measuring the radius of the dash which is about 16.9 cm for anyone that is curious, I had a 2nd version printed. I could of painted it, but I was impatient. It is held on with 30lb exterior 3M tape.

I am attaching the stl file for anyone interested in getting it printed for themselves.

ENJOY

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice set up. Belt attachment hmm.. That would work for attaching a HT ham Radio as well. Case yea want to Expand on Comm's.
Good job...Encouraging to see people getting creative and applying real world 'work' (ideas, resources, execution) to school (learning).
I love seeing 3D printing used to solve problems, good job.

Thanks guys. I am constantly tweaking the design, but the 3-D printing is amazing and opens up so many options.

#10 ·
Oh I dont wear a belt clip lol not my style. BUT I always have an otterbox on my phones, because I break things easily, and I never used the belt clip, and then realized this was the perfect use for it. you can get cheap universal phone belt clips for like $5 bucks on amazon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.