** The Dumb Question Thread ** - Page 53 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 453Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #521 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 12:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2009 Avalanche White ❌terra OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos_bend View Post
Buccee's in Houston has ethanol free 93 for a pretty penny, a few others in metro area selling it. What is your gas monitor you have there showing your MPG?
Yeah, it's been available around here at marinas and a few oddball places that charge way too much. This new place is the first I've seen ethanol free gas for less than premium gas.

The display is a Scan Gauge 2.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I don't have a hole in my roof for the antennae wire to run thru and I'm not about to drill one. So for it to mount underneath the air dam the wire would have to come up my driver or passenger front door and be visible as it wrapped over the roof and under the air dam. Correct? So I'm thinking about installing it on the back of my roof. Thru the cabin concealed behind carpet, trim, etc and then up and out of the hatch. Top center of the hatch and stick it directly on top of the roof right there. So the only visible wire would be a couple inches at most. Perhaps better reception there as not obstructed by a plastic air dam. If the roof rack crossbar is over it I can reposistion the crossbar a little forward to give it better visibility. Am I correct in all of this?
That's not a bad idea. However, drilling a hole isn't as scary as it sounds as long as your air dam bolts come out nicely. That's a gamble.

You could always mount the antenna to the top of your dash under the windshield. Conceal the wires and it'll probably work just as good as being on top. Worth a try anyway.

"Terrin"
"It's NOT a van..."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #523 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

How come no one puts beer holders in their bumpers anymore?

(first gen pic/post on a second gen thread)

Carpe lardum

If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.

post #524 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra X 6MT 2wd

Garage
Is there any real issue if one of the cabin filters is in upside down?
post #525 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 PM
Veteran
2007 Avalanche White Xterra SE, 4x4

Yep, Means arrow is facing wrong way!.

Depends on the filter, if just Fiber.. no issues.. Charcoal might get less effective filtering..

Better then nothing, Amazing how much crap is inside that area.

Never give up the high Ground!!
" A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough. "
Gus McCrae-
post #526 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:47 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra S

Garage
if there is any dumb question...

how tf do I start a thread?!
post #527 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Veteran
2007 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
How come no one puts beer holders in their bumpers anymore?

(first gen pic/post on a second gen thread)

I got one! I'll update with a pic later

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenictomazic View Post
Go to the section you want to start a new thread and it should be at the top of the page near the menu buttons
Longboardr likes this.

: 392

Got extra time and money? Start Here:
post #528 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 AM
Veteran
2008 Avalanche White Xterra S

Quote:
I believe you need to reach a certain level on this forum before the mods will upgrade you to start a thread. Its not much - like 20 posts or something. Its to stop spammers.

Ask your question in this thread for now and someone can likely point you in the right direction.
post #529 of 1304 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Quote:
Go to the forum you want to post in (i.e. General Xterra) and click "Post New Thread" in the top left corner.

You do not need a minimum amount of posts. That's only for PMs.

"Terrin"
"It's NOT a van..."

post #530 of 1304 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Veteran
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

I didn't read through 53 pages but as a P4X owner, the roof lights on hi only does not bother me. It does bother me that fogs can't be used with hi and roof lights. It also bother me much more that the rear diff can't be locked in 2WD or 4HI. That sucks and since I bought my truck in 2011 I've been meaning to mod that but seen so many different posts on the 'correct' way to do it.

Another thing that pissed me off is when I purchased a new yellow top bat a few months ago I was with my GF in her truck. Dude tells me that the one listed for Xterra is only one that will work - blah, blah... I could have easily fit the next size up, maybe the largest? It comes with two trays that stack to reach the terminals.

Speaking of bats, the yellow top is awesome but if I were to do it again I'd get the largest red top I could fit for cranking and run the largest yellow top I could secondary located underneath back pass side in a weatherproof box. I was planning on running two bats anyway. Just my not so informed FYI, FWIW 🤡

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode