** The Dumb Question Thread ** - Page 115 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 453Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1141 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:04 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
So my problem is resolved now, pulling the front way bar off completely fixed what I thought were lca bushing problems. I've driven it 100 miles of interstate and on every single worst road I can think of around here and the ride is unbelievably smooth and stable now. To top it off I somehow am getting less sway than I was with the actual sway bar, which makes no sense. So life is great but I can't stop wondering what the problem was, was it too much lift for the factory sway bar? Does lifting cause the bar to be activated sooner and sooner the higher you go?
Adam12SD likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:46 PM
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Been pondering while at work getting gas... just how many different mods have there been to the X floating around this forum (and others)? And who has done the most? If answer’s already here, sorry for repeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam12SD likes this.

AWW FRELL!!!
post #1143 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:48 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
So my problem is resolved now, pulling the front way bar off completely fixed what I thought were lca bushing problems. I've driven it 100 miles of interstate and on every single worst road I can think of around here and the ride is unbelievably smooth and stable now. To top it off I somehow am getting less sway than I was with the actual sway bar, which makes no sense. So life is great but I can't stop wondering what the problem was, was it too much lift for the factory sway bar? Does lifting cause the bar to be activated sooner and sooner the higher you go?
I'm not sure about the X, but I know on a lot of other vehicles a lift with adversely effect the use of a sway bar. The angles change and probably cause it not function as designed. My best guess anyway. Haha. I love swaybarless.
General_Tarfun likes this.

post #1144 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:49 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledheadX View Post
Been pondering while at work getting gas... just how many different mods have there been to the X floating around this forum (and others)? And who has done the most? If answer’s already here, sorry for repeat

Haha. Sometimes when I'm bored, I browse all the mods and try and prioritize which ones I want. Lol.
post #1145 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:59 PM
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
2013 Silver Lightning ❌terra TS/LCKD/4.10 33's S

Garage
Quote:

I could never let Nissan near my X anymore. Too many changes for them to deal with.
SledheadX likes this.

post #1146 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
Can’t seem to find the info anywhere, does the HC Off-road Bumper come with the rad skid plate to replace the oem?
If it hasn’t already been answered (haven’t caught up on this thread yet), yes, the hardcore bumper comes with a new radiator skid.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #1147 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Ok, so knowing the title of this thread, "Dumb Question", I haven't seen too many dumb ones lately. Now I have what I think as a true dumb question but wish I could just start a poll for the YES/NO answers so I don't start a thread explosion. (and probably know the outcome already)

Question: With what I've done to my X and not been to one of these events yet, Should I go to the East Coast Xterra Challenge at Rausch Creek in July? Still trying to figure out my capabilities.
100% for sure go! Great group of people. Really fun time. Very accommodating to new people. Based on your tiny avatar pic, run green trails. Don’t even consider blue trails unless you have full aftermarket skids, sliders, and 2”+ lift.

If you haven’t already, take your mud flaps off and factory side steps if you have them.

A lot of us stay at twin grove campground and hang out around the fires at night.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #1148 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
100% for sure go! Great group of people. Really fun time. Very accommodating to new people. Based on your tiny avatar pic, run green trails. Don’t even consider blue trails unless you have full aftermarket skids, sliders, and 2”+ lift.

If you haven’t already, take your mud flaps off and factory side steps if you have them.

A lot of us stay at twin grove campground and hang out around the fires at night.

Tiny avatar pic... ok, not w I have another mod to do . Yeah, no upgraded armor yet and working on the WK slider group buy. All about . Although wouldn’t have them on by then anyway I think. For me it’s more about not knowing MY abilities and not the X’s. I’ve only run atv’s, not 4x4’s. Not to mention who in their right mind wants to break their rig 4 months after buying it. Yeah, I know I gotta go. That’s why the question was in the “dumb question “ thread

AWW FRELL!!!
post #1149 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Tiny avatar pic... ok, not w I have another mod to do . Yeah, no upgraded armor yet and working on the WK slider group buy. All about . Although wouldn’t have them on by then anyway I think. For me it’s more about not knowing MY abilities and not the X’s. I’ve only run atv’s, not 4x4’s. Not to mention who in their right mind wants to break their rig 4 months after buying it. Yeah, I know I gotta go. That’s why the question was in the “dumb question “ thread

I’m on my phone, should have mentioned that haha. All the avatar pics are tiny.

Run greens, you will be fine. They are really good about helping new off-roaders through, almost always without any damage. Things do happen on occasion, but that’s part of off-roading. Usually the worst you hear out of the green groups is one person got a flat out of everyone running greens for 3 days. They will be more than happy to help spot you whenever you think you need it. You also won’t be the only first timer.

Honestly, it seems like you are at the perfect point to start. Find out what you and your x are capable of and what you like to do. Taylor your build to fit your needs from there.

Edit:
If you have experience with ATV’s you already have a head start. A lot of general concepts transfer. I grew up on ATV’s also.

- J.J. Watt

and
post #1150 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labbie View Post
I want to be able to have just the roof lights on, so anyone seeing me from the front will think I'm really tall.

And really narrow!!

AWW FRELL!!!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode