** The Dumb Question Thread ** - Page 113 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 467Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1121 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Paper and thumb tacks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1122 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Paper and thumb tacks?
It's the way I'm leaning, then trace over onto paperboard to check fit...was not sure if there was a "method"

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1123 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
Are you trying to re-upholster? In my experience it is best to simply pull down the existing headliner and then begin from one end with the material of your choosing and some fabric adhesive and work your way around until it is nice and flush. Then trim the edges with an exacto knife leaving enough to wrap around and use the adhesive to make it stick over the edges.
No, going to build an overhead console for CB/Rocker switches

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1124 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
Well let me just remove my feet off my keyboard (:

Iím interested to see how it turns out.
MeHere! likes this.

Click Here for >
post #1125 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
I really haven't seen much on custom overhead consoles (going COC too much to type) for our trucks, have some ideas, may go wood, but may go with vinyl sheets, like for fencing

Click Here for >
post #1126 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:30 AM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledheadX View Post
Not sure if my input will "help" or not, but seems like caster is too strong. I set my SPC's to "D" on initial install. i knew toe was off but return to center was weak regardless. Immediately went to "C" and had a significant difference for the better. When all was said and done, my caster was 3.4, 3.7 using "C" setting and I am quite happy with my X's responsiveness. And doesn't tire size also play a factor against caster effect? I thought I read that we want to be right at the upper threshold of caster green range but not much beyond. If you have lifetime alignment, try setting "C" and realign if it improves. It's a quick simple change that can be restored without losing alignment and doesn't cost anything but time.

I'm not a mechanic, but I've seen one on TV
Thanks, that info definitely helps out. At my last alignment the caster was at 3.8/3.7 so I'm going to try this weekend to rotate them forward and see if I can get the angle a little lower. I think that might toe it out some but it should still be driveable (hopefully!)
post #1127 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:40 AM
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Just mark the SPCís top nut before loosening if itís not at the end of the slot. I was able to slide the nut all the way in to assure known correct location and still get within specs using the cam bolts. Good luck. Sounds fairly minor adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1128 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledheadX View Post
Just mark the SPC’s top nut before loosening if it’s not at the end of the slot. I was able to slide the nut all the way in to assure known correct location and still get within specs using the cam bolts. Good luck. Sounds fairly minor adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always go through and mark all the adjustment points with some white out after every alignment so I'll know if anything gets bumped out of spec so I have that done already at least, good advice though. Yeah I think whatever is out is just barely out of spec, it only drives me nuts because I know it should be better haha.

***It turns out the problem was the front sway bar. I guess the amount of lift I have causes it to be overly engaged at all times and applying force to the opposite wheel when there was no need to. Removed it and all of the complaints I had disappeared, drives perfectly now.

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 05-20-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Update
post #1129 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeHere! View Post
I really haven't seen much on custom overhead consoles (going COC too much to type) for our trucks, have some ideas, may go wood, but may go with vinyl sheets, like for fencing
Nothing fancy, added sunglass storage, but you might find some info that's helpful.

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how...age-cheap.html
post #1130 of 1361 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Nothing fancy, added sunglass storage, but you might find some info that's helpful.

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how...age-cheap.html
I did see that one, it did give me a couple ideas on connection to the ceiling struts

Click Here for >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode