** The Dumb Question Thread ** - Page 110 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 453Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1091 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider81 View Post
Delrin is the brand.
Negative, Delrin is the common name given by Dupont to the plastic polymer Polyoxymethylene, also known as acetal, polyacetal, and polyformaldehyde, is an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability.

Not unlike pharma companies do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1092 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
Negative, Delrin is the common name given by Dupont to the plastic polymer Polyoxymethylene, also known as acetal, polyacetal, and polyformaldehyde, is an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability.

Haha I can see why, Polyoxymethylene sounds like something sold in little baggies in dark alleys.
IM1RU likes this.

post #1093 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:

I stand corrected. Thank you for clarifying. Edited original response for future ref.

Click Here for >
Build Thread
(StormTrooper Gretchen (big,white,fat,ugly,and German): 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure White

post #1094 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:25 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Glacier White Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Negative, Delrin is the common name given by Dupont to the plastic polymer Polyoxymethylene, also known as acetal, polyacetal, and polyformaldehyde, is an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability...

and they make excellent guitar picks!!
post #1095 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Veteran

Garage
Had a chance to look at it more today, the pass side sway bar link (mevotech) doesn't rotate so I removed the nut and put some brake grease behind the nut and torqued it a bit less than last time. Also the front pass camber bolt washer looks like it might be moving up/down some. There appears to be a slide mark or something right below the washer, the torque is ok on the nut but there's definitely some grease behind that washer. Probably from when I greased the lca bolts so they wouldn't sieze on me.

post #1096 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Dumb question... I am trying to replace all 4 pads/rotors.

On RockAuto, do I need to order quantity 2 of brake pads for front & rear (4 total) or does quantity 1 include 2 sets of pads?
Attached Images
File Type: png Cap225ture.PNG (60.3 KB, 19 views)

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #1097 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

One set should be for the front, or the rear.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #1098 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Veteran

Garage
What are the downsides of too much caster?

I'm pretty sure that I do at the moment but before lowering the angle I wanted to see what our group of Xterra scholars thought on the subject. When I setup my SPC's last year I set the caster adjuster to slot B or +2.75 degrees of caster. They note in the install sheet that slot D or +1 degrees of caster will return most truck to stock.

My main complaints are:

1. Overly strong pull to center. At 70+ mph on long sweeping freeway turns the truck doesn't want to turn, it's a fight to keep the truck in lane while also completing the turn. If you let go of the wheel it sharply snaps back to center immediately, the truck will actually sway back and forth a few times from the force.

2. At slow speed if I make a turn, for example a left turn at 10 mph and hit the gas I can feel at least one of the front tires seem to lock/lose grip and the truck wants to drive straight and just drag the front tires without much turning happening. Basically really bad understeer.

3. High speed front end pulsing, seems like an alignment problem vs rotors but I'm wondering if it's mainly caster again, both wheels fighting to pull the truck depending on which way the road is leaning.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 05-07-2019 at 12:08 PM.
post #1099 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 12:15 AM
KC
Member - AKA Neptune
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Thoughts on running a RTT with the Dep Hep Drop-in Rack? Anyone think it may be better long term to save up for a gobi rack? Curious to hear anyone's experiences.

Last edited by KC; 05-08-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Editing
post #1100 of 1304 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Lava Red ❌terra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
Thoughts on running a RTT with the Dep Hep Drop-in Rack? Anyone think it may be better long term to save up for a gobi rack? Curious to hear anyone's experiences.
Basically an unnecessary use of the DH rack because it's just added weight underneath the tent that you can't use anymore. That being said, I will likely do the same thing until I get a front runner rack or I can convince Rocky Mtn Racks to use me as a guinea pig for their racks.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode