** The Dumb Question Thread ** - Page 109 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 442Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1081 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
Anyone ever had a lower control arm move around at the frame mounts but not because of loose camber bolts? I'm trying to track down why my truck alignment seems to change day to day, sometimes it's perfect and the next day it can be all over the place...something is loose and it's not the camber bolts. The fact it can be fine for a day makes me want to rule out tie rods and bearings because those are usually either bad or good. Everything up front suspensionwise is under a year old.
Yea, your bushings are probably shot. Mine are bad for a 2nd time right now. Debating whether to bite the bullet and put delrin bushings in or just replace the entire uca. Probably should go with the delrin bushings or I'll be in the same place again in 15k miles.

Flexing out is really hard on the stock style LCA bushings.

From the first time they wore out:

Found this again when I did a brake job a few weekends ago. No wonder why I couldn't keep it aligned.
Longboardr likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- J.J. Watt
ĒYou are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.Ē

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Last edited by jsexton; 05-02-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Ah that's probably it then. That video is pretty much what I think is happening, the 4 inch lift probably isn't helping very much with longevity of the bushings very much and it's been something that has slowly become worse over time. I wonder if I should press out the bushings and find a better quality to put in + those delrins to help them last longer.

post #1083 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:06 AM
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
2013 Silver Lightning ❌terra TS/LCKD/4.10 33's S

Garage
Quote:
Ah that's probably it then. That video is pretty much what I think is happening, the 4 inch lift probably isn't helping very much with longevity of the bushings very much and it's been something that has slowly become worse over time. I wonder if I should press out the bushings and find a better quality to put in + those delrins to help them last longer.

I have SPC UCAís and my steering gets intermittently hard. Seems that when I wheel hard in the dunes, everything moves. When I put it on a lift, they line up again(everything moves).
Seriously considering dropping in custom poly bushes to stop the madness. Got around 20000 km on the Titan swap and have identified a few problems. Also replacing inner and outer steering with heim joints cause after 2 sets from Moog Iím done with those ball joints. Gonna suck it up and go for the dirt king stuff next round of mods....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #1084 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirzzy View Post

I have SPC UCA’s and my steering gets intermittently hard. Seems that when I wheel hard in the dunes, everything moves. When I put it on a lift, they line up again(everything moves).
Seriously considering dropping in custom poly bushes to stop the madness. Got around 20000 km on the Titan swap and have identified a few problems. Also replacing inner and outer steering with heim joints cause after 2 sets from Moog I’m done with those ball joints. Gonna suck it up and go for the dirt king stuff next round of mods....

That seems to be similar to what I'm having happen, even rough roads and potholes seem to let things move around. This morning it was driving great but I know that will only last a day or two max. Not a bad idea with poly lca bushings, are there any good brands out there that make a set for ours?

post #1085 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
That seems to be similar to what I'm having happen, even rough roads and potholes seem to let things move around. This morning it was driving great but I know that will only last a day or two max. Not a bad idea with poly lca bushings, are there any good brands out there that make a set for ours?
I believe Nisstec, PRG, and CJD Racing all make LCA bushing replacements. 4x4 parts might also make them, but I haven't looked.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #1086 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
are there any good brands out there that make a set for ours?

Delrin is the brand. Can be gotten through the vendors Rik mentioned above.

Note: I'm fairly confident Delrin is what comes on the SPC UCA's.

Edit: Delrin is a material not a brand. See IM1RU's post 5 places down.

Click Here for >
Build Thread
(StormTrooper Gretchen (big,white,fat,ugly,and German): 2015 BMW R1200GS Adventure White

Last edited by AdventureRider81; 05-04-2019 at 11:54 AM.
post #1087 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Veteran

Garage
I found these just now on the 4x4parts site: offset poly bushings

I think the offset would probably help reduce wear because the camber bolt wouldn't be pushing them into place like the regular center bore type? They lost me at $225 though, that's too much to spend on something that might not even matter.

post #1088 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:45 AM

Garage
We have poly rods at the shop so Iíll get the machinist to make me a set with the metal inserts. No paying to ship to Qatar. Itís costs more to ship than they cost.

post #1089 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirzzy View Post
We have poly rods at the shop so Iíll get the machinist to make me a set with the metal inserts. No paying to ship to Qatar. Itís costs more to ship than they cost.

Do you know a lot about what kind of poly it is? I cheaped out on some ebay steering rack poly bushings a couple years ago that I just had to remove because they turned into a cottage cheese like mess and basically fell apart so that's what I'm trying to avoid on these.

post #1090 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Do you know a lot about what kind of poly it is? I cheaped out on some ebay steering rack poly bushings a couple years ago that I just had to remove because they turned into a cottage cheese like mess and basically fell apart so that's what I'm trying to avoid on these.
We have polyurethane in large rods that we can machine to size. I use high grade steel inserts to prevent crushing them too. I'm not mad about the look of those offset bushes. Too many parts involved that could turn or if not correctly fitted, cause more headaches.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode