Towing with Aftermarket Rear Bumper? - Edit - Got the maXTERRA - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Veteran
2006 Night Armor Xterra OR

Garage
Good choice on the MaXTerra bumper. I've had two of them (the first moved to my brother's XTerra) and I tow a couple of motorcycles on a 3-rail semi-regularly. The tire swing isn't usually a problem, with the shorter swing arm it opens just fine if things are squared up, but if I'm articulated to the right it does bump part of the trailer. With the longer swing (for fuel can carriers), I have to articulate slightly left to get it to clear.

The main problem is that my trailer has a mount for a ramp and some track stands on the front that was welded on by the previous owner. If I cut that off I will have plenty of room to open the tire swing. I may do that at some point since I don't really need to carry track stands with me; I would just have to find a new way to mount the ramp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM
2005 Solar Yellow Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp View Post
Sorry I never came back and updated this thread. Got the Maxterra bumper and the shop installed it saving me about $600 overall in parts and labor over going with the OEM replacement bumper. Can't say enough good things about Dave, the process, or the bumper itself.

Only one question -- I need to get a new hitch for the receiver (the factory Nissan ball mount, aside from being too high now, doesn't go deep enough into the bumper for the pin holes to line up). Any idea how much drop I should get?
Hey man nice rear bumper just wondering how much for the maxterra bumper including the led lights? I'm considering on getting one but I just don't know where to buy one

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Veteran
2015 Stormtrooper White Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORXTERRA View Post
Hey man nice rear bumper just wondering how much for the maxterra bumper including the led lights? I'm considering on getting one but I just don't know where to buy one

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Email him, [email protected] he will reply with a PDF of bumpers, options, prices. Pick what you want and he will give a quote with shipping etc. Pay and wait. He is faster than shrockworks, even when sick and down with the flu that actually disabled some of his other workforce. My bumper should be ready very soon. Cant wait, its the last big thing for my rig. After I get it, my shrockworks will be for sale. I have had a few locals ask about it. So I'm sure it will disappear within a few weeks.

But drop Dave a line and inquire, being I live just a few miles from him and have seen many locals sporting his bumpers, and the jerry can option..... forgetaboutit. I had to get one. With the RTT and losing a bit of my Gobi rack space I needed the Jerry can mounts.

But I know you will be happy that is for sure. Just check the threads here.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode