Bully Dog Tuner ? - Page 10 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:23 AM
KC
Member - AKA Neptune
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
Installing the factory tune is the same process as installing the BD tune. If you can do one you can do the other.
that’s what I figured just wanted a little bit of assurance. Thanks brotha!
Longboardr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:37 PM
TKX
Veteran
2009 Navy Blue Xterra OR

Has anyone installed the update agent on a windows 10 PC? I keep getting a failure before it completes, net framework 3.5 needed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

====================
>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AKA gtang11
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Veteran
2012 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X T-Swap

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKX View Post
Has anyone installed the update agent on a windows 10 PC? I keep getting a failure before it completes, net framework 3.5 needed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I had this problem when I had mine. I wound up having to use the old site. Try this:
http://old.bullydog.com/updateagent.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Have they updated the screen dimmer going bright with the highbeams on yet?

post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 PM
2015 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Nope, not yet...

"The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open"
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFoot025 View Post
Nope, not yet...
Ahh...no point in updating then lol
GeolJon likes this.

post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:50 AM
2012 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
So whats the Average MPG increase you guys are seeing from the tuner on regular gas if any? I'm looking into a BullyDog for Trans temp monitoring but would also like to see a little more gas mileage too since going to the 33's. However running the numbers, it looks like I'd have to drive over 10k miles to pay for the tuner with money saved at the pump... and if that's the case I think I can find a cheaper option to monitor the transmission temps.

2012 Metalic Blue PRO-4X<-- Mine

2011 Black PRO-4X <-- Hers
2006 Ford Ranger 4x4 <-- Mine
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

I got a 3/4 of a mpg improvement. At the price I got my tuner for I calculated I had to drive 40k for it to pay for itself, but that doesn't account for being able to use the real time mpg display which has saved me money in gear selection and speed while towing.
Hawk136439 likes this.
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:03 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2009 Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk136439 View Post
So whats the Average MPG increase you guys are seeing from the tuner on regular gas if any? I'm looking into a BullyDog for Trans temp monitoring but would also like to see a little more gas mileage too since going to the 33's. However running the numbers, it looks like I'd have to drive over 10k miles to pay for the tuner with money saved at the pump... and if that's the case I think I can find a cheaper option to monitor the transmission temps.
I just installed the BD last weekend and I've run a full tank with premium tune. There's a driving coach built in which reminds you to drive gently. I think between being more conscious of my driving and having a definite number of gallons used (also shown in the tuner) I'm getting around 18MPG combined in Denver with 33's. In other words, I don't think the tune improved mileage much, just gave me more focus and information. Remember to adjust your trip odometer mileage on the dash about +4% for the 33's. My 2009 is factory tuned for 32's (even though it came with 31's) so you're driving more miles than the odo indicates.

As for the trans temp, I installed an analog gauge with a temp probe in the pressure port on the transmission (many thanks to TNX for that mod). Compared to the Bully Dog, that probe reads 5-10 degrees higher. The BD is definitely a better option for real-time trans temp as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Hawk136439 likes this.
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 AM
2012 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
I got a 3/4 of a mpg improvement. At the price I got my tuner for I calculated I had to drive 40k for it to pay for itself, but that doesn't account for being able to use the real time mpg display which has saved me money in gear selection and speed while towing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geojase View Post
I just installed the BD last weekend and I've run a full tank with premium tune. There's a driving coach built in which reminds you to drive gently. I think between being more conscious of my driving and having a definite number of gallons used (also shown in the tuner) I'm getting around 18MPG combined in Denver with 33's. In other words, I don't think the tune improved mileage much, just gave me more focus and information. Remember to adjust your trip odometer mileage on the dash about +4% for the 33's. My 2009 is factory tuned for 32's (even though it came with 31's) so you're driving more miles than the odo indicates.

As for the trans temp, I installed an analog gauge with a temp probe in the pressure port on the transmission (many thanks to TNX for that mod). Compared to the Bully Dog, that probe reads 5-10 degrees higher. The BD is definitely a better option for real-time trans temp as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks guys that's what I was looking for! I think lifting as everyone switched to winter gas kinda compounded the mpg sting lol

2012 Metalic Blue PRO-4X<-- Mine

2011 Black PRO-4X <-- Hers
2006 Ford Ranger 4x4 <-- Mine

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode