What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2831 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #28301 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
Oh nice thanks man, I think I'm going to get white so I can change the color with film vs re-soldering. Size-wise do you think the 1206 would fit the vdc led location? I'd be ok with less brightness for sure on those if that was the trade off.
The size I think would be roughly the same. I contemplated doing it as well when I had it all apart. It's just the overall shape was different and squared. If you're careful enough you could solder a 1206 on and see, but then again I don't know if the resistance or voltage changes for the LEDs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28302 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:25 PM
2013 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
Do your own how-to then and describe what you did different for others to reference.

Working on it! I took pictures and everything. Just need time to do it.
ZheKing likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28303 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post
The size I think would be roughly the same. I contemplated doing it as well when I had it all apart. It's just the overall shape was different and squared. If you're careful enough you could solder a 1206 on and see, but then again I don't know if the resistance or voltage changes for the LEDs.
I doubt those LED are monitored on their resistance. if a 1206 will fit, I bet it would probably work just fine @General_Tarfun

that's been my biggest hold up on the project is I can't decide what color I want to do. and I kind of want to wait until I get an aftermarket head unit to see what color it's back lit and match that. My golf matches it's head unit (blue) and I really like the matching colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #28304 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:44 PM
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
that's been my biggest hold up on the project is I can't decide what color I want to do. and I kind of want to wait until I get an aftermarket head unit to see what color it's back lit and match that. My golf matches it's head unit (blue) and I really like the matching colors.

Well, FYI on head unit colors. The new pioneer multimedia nav units have customizable backlit coloring. You basically select from a color wheel on touchscreen. Iím sure other brands have the same thing available ($ not withstanding) Not sure what features youíre interested in but thereís plenty of head unit customization too. I know, didnít make it any easier did I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZheKing likes this.

AWW FRELL!!!
post #28305 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
I doubt those LED are monitored on their resistance. if a 1206 will fit, I bet it would probably work just fine @General_Tarfun

Right? That's what I was thinking too, I went ahead and ordered a bunch of led's this morning and few colors of the translucent film for the project. As cheap as they all are I figured why not.
ZheKing and Adam12SD like this.

post #28306 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:08 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Right? That's what I was thinking too, I went ahead and ordered a bunch of led's this morning and few colors of the translucent film for the project. As cheap as they all are I figured why not.
Oh man I can't wait to see how well it turns out!!!
General_Tarfun likes this.
post #28307 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post
Oh man I can't wait to see how well it turns out!!!
Me too, I kind of forgot about this mod with everything else going on but I always wanted to do it. I've read in a few places that the climate controls on mine are impossible to do but can't find any pics of the insides so we'll see about that haha. Worst case I'm thinking I'll just disable what's there and put my own backlighting in.
Adam12SD likes this.

post #28308 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledheadX View Post
Well, FYI on head unit colors. The new pioneer multimedia nav units have customizable backlit coloring. You basically select from a color wheel on touchscreen. I’m sure other brands have the same thing available ($ not withstanding) Not sure what features you’re interested in but there’s plenty of head unit customization too. I know, didn’t make it any easier did I?
No you didn't... and yes I know they've come along way on head units. I have a standing $20 finders fee if anyone can find a single din motorized unit that will show the time on the face when the screen is retracted... it doesn't exist... and that's what I want...

Quote:
It's amazing how cheap LEDS are. After being somewhat in the LED game the past few years just selling lights to people on here and to my local car club and stuff (i pretty much sell mine at cost trying to help the community), I can firmly say companies like superbrightleds.com are marking theirs up 500%...
General_Tarfun likes this.

Last edited by ZheKing; 05-22-2019 at 03:34 PM.
post #28309 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
I'm going over maintenance items for an upcoming trip. Checked the transmission fluid level, rear diff level, coolant, ps and brake fluids. Everything looks good.

I also went through and printed off the MA section of the FSM and most every mechanical section's torque specification page for a quick cheater manual to carry in the X. I added my SPC paper work as well.
FLAX likes this.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #28310 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:32 PM
2005 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Wrapped up the train horn install yesterday.....and a new JVC touchscreen stereo. Last week got the HID projectors all finished up........holy jeezz talk about light output.
GDPearson, MeHere! and FLAX like this.

Click Here for >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode