What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2830 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #28291 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
^ I need to do this!!
Adam12SD likes this.

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28292 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:43 PM
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeHere! View Post
^ I need to do this!!

No, Nissan NEEDED to do this so we didn’t have to. Absolutely killer mod @Adam12SD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MeHere! and Adam12SD like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AWW FRELL!!!
post #28293 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
didn't have to use the torx socket to take the studs out, just tapped with a hammer while turning with vice grips.
You're going to want to keep those studs for if you ever have to pull the plenum again, it will make it 900x easier putting it back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Spaulding View Post
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! 🙂 I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
Do your own how-to then and describe what you did different for others to reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post
Got rid of all the orange.
I need to quit being lazy and order the LEDs needed for this already. be a nice project to do on a rainy day. which is frequent.

Last edited by ZheKing; 05-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.

post #28294 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post

I need to quit being lazy and order the LEDs needed for this already. be a nice project to do on a rainy day. which is frequent.
You and me both, I really want to change the abs/slip and overdrive lights to a different color because whenever I disable those systems with the mod it looks like a junker with all of those yellow and red lights on the dash.
ZheKing and Adam12SD like this.

post #28295 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:01 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
You and me both, I really want to change the abs/slip and overdrive lights to a different color because whenever I disable those systems with the mod it looks like a junker with all of those yellow and red lights on the dash.
FWIW, I think the LEDs for the indicators like the VDC, Slip, etc. are different than the illuminating orange LEDs. They looked a bit bigger than the ones I was soldering in and more square shaped than rectangular.

If I don't get called into work today, I'll be opening up the heat/ac control panel to see if I can change the lighting in those too. Then the door window control panels. I'll see what I can come up with.
General_Tarfun likes this.
post #28296 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
FWIW, I think the LEDs for the indicators like the VDC, Slip, etc. are different than the illuminating orange LEDs. They looked a bit bigger than the ones I was soldering in and more square shaped than rectangular.

If I don't get called into work today, I'll be opening up the heat/ac control panel to see if I can change the lighting in those too. Then the door window control panels. I'll see what I can come up with.
I was just browsing through another thread on them and noticed that they looked larger. Is that primarily just because they are warning lights/brighter than the regular illumination lights?
Adam12SD likes this.

post #28297 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I was just browsing through another thread on them and noticed that they looked larger. Is that primarily just because they are warning lights/brighter than the regular illumination lights?
That would definitely be my guess. I guess I'll have to research that a little more myself since the ABS, VDC off mod is definitely in my near future too. Haha.
post #28298 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:12 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
That would definitely be my guess. I guess I'll have to research that a little more myself since the ABS, VDC off mod is definitely in my near future too. Haha.
Haha yeah it's harder to explain to people that it's a good thing when you flip that switch and the dash lights up red/yellow all over the place for sure. I've been through 5 threads now and still don't see where anyone says what type of smd's they used, is it 1206?
Adam12SD likes this.

post #28299 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Haha yeah it's harder to explain to people that it's a good thing when you flip that switch and the dash lights up red/yellow all over the place for sure. I've been through 5 threads now and still don't see where anyone says what type of smd's they used, is it 1206?
Yeah the ones I replaced were 1206s. I got a bunch of strips of different colors for like 15 bucks on Amazon. FleaBay has em too.
General_Tarfun likes this.
post #28300 of 28508 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:17 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Yeah the ones I replaced were 1206s. I got a bunch of strips of different colors for like 15 bucks on Amazon. FleaBay has em too.
Oh nice thanks man, I think I'm going to get white so I can change the color with film vs re-soldering. Size-wise do you think the 1206 would fit the vdc led location? I'd be ok with less brightness for sure on those if that was the trade off.
Adam12SD likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode