What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2829 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #28281 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 AM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Spaulding View Post
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! 🙂 I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
Replace the big three?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28282 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:28 AM
2013 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
Replace the big three?
The three largest wires in the car. The alternator positive, alternator ground and battery ground.
Adam12SD likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28283 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
Replaced front rotors and pads, painted the calipers, installed taillight brush guards and an oil change
BlueRidgeX, mtnbound and Adam12SD like this.

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >

Last edited by MeHere!; 05-23-2019 at 11:17 AM.

post #28284 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:57 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Reinstalled the front sway bar with the extended length end links I made following the how to on this forum. Will have to test out offroad performance but it's safe to drive on road at speed again.

You feel the little bumps much more but now stability control doesn't turn on when going through the curves on the highway. Much less body roll.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
scoyoc likes this.
post #28285 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:02 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

I finally got around to swapping the LCA bump stops from factory to energy suspension 9.9101 i beleive is the model number. the conical shaped ones, they added about a half inch of height over the stock ones, which were surprisingly thicker than i thought upon removal. but, u suppose it will help prevent over stuffing the shocks and maybe help even/ smooth out the ride in certain instances.

did a general check of the under body, looking for rust, leaking fluids, loose grounds etc. found a slight leak at the oil drain plug, theres no drips in my driveway so it must just be seeping out enough to wet the pan..i checked the plug and it was tight, so i just cleaned it off and will keep an eye on it, oil level is good. other than that all was well, its really hard to do this stuff in the winter so i tend to kinda neglect it during the winter and then make up for it come spring, i got a few maintenance things planned for the near future.

I want to replace the exhaust but i always end up just leaving it as is cause why fix what aint broke??

Oh yeah, almost forgot! i removed the front mud flaps. there is a definite outline left in the paint but its not that bad unless up close. I like the look with them off and while removing them i can understand how if(when) they get ripped off it could damage the fender screw retainers and cause a headache.

that said, it rained today and i could surely tell more road debris on the panels behind the front wheels.
post #28286 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 11:07 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post

Oh yeah, almost forgot! i removed the front mud flaps. there is a definite outline left in the paint but its not that bad unless up close.
You my friend need to buy some of Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, it's a super gentle compound that you can buff that those marks out with. The stuff is awesome, I use it on my headlights about once every 2 months to keep them clear, another time I was able to get a bunch of old water marks off the hood with it.
mtnbound likes this.

post #28287 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:03 AM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Got rid of all the orange.

Added some blue to the speedo, some accented colors for the fuel and oil temp gauge. Didn't want to go overboard with the colors, but I kinda like it.

Had a little scare when I pulled a CEL after unplugging the combo meter with the key still in. My OBD cleared it nicely though.

I have the LCD polarizing film for the little screens, but couldn't figure out how to peel off the old stuff.
post #28288 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post

Added some blue to the speedo, some accented colors for the fuel and oil temp gauge. Didn't want to go overboard with the colors, but I kinda like it.

Had a little scare when I pulled a CEL after unplugging the combo meter with the key still in. My OBD cleared it nicely though.

I have the LCD polarizing film for the little screens, but couldn't figure out how to peel off the old stuff.
I just love this!! Man it looks awesome

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
post #28289 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:49 AM
2013 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post

This is definitely one of the best ones that I've seen, especially the various colors. I would totally be willing to buy one just like it off of you!!
scoyoc, TerryD and Adam12SD like this.

Click Here for >
post #28290 of 28491 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:24 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

[quote=Taylor Spaulding;4293346]This is definitely one of the best ones that I've seen, especially the various colors. I would totally be willing to buy one just like it off of you!![/quote @MeHere! Thanks! I can't take credit since it wasn't my idea, but it's definitely one of my favorite mods!
@Taylor Spaulding Well, I don't have a spare one, but I DO have a lot of the proper LEDs and plenty of the transparent sheeting left. Not sure where you're at but if you're anywhere near San Diego, I'd be happy to mod one for ya. Wasn't too difficult. Haha.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode