What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2828 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7401Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #28271 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 PM
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Time to hit the brakes!! Just got my new Raybestos today! 2 days early and on a sunny warm Saturday no less. Omen!! After 72000 miles and Pa/NY winters the rotors are still in good shape. A little scraping and sanding and good to go there. Wish I would have looked closer at the pads when I was lifting the truck back in April. Never thought the inner pads would wear so much quicker than outers. Didn’t read enough in here. Also took the time to get those spidertrax installed too. Didn’t think I would notice a difference but cornering stability is definitely better. So that puts me up to fender cutting and melting. The rabbit hole’s getting deeper and deeper...

EDIT:

And deeper... and deeper... Day after: Just took off my front sway bar, 5 minutes before the thunderstorm. Woohoo!! Thanks @General_Tarfun for your input on yanking yours. Finally pushed me over the edge. Still have to get her rolling out on the road. I'll lean into it after the rain stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AWW FRELL!!!

Last edited by SledheadX; 05-19-2019 at 12:35 PM. Reason: DID MORE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28272 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 07:15 PM
2013 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Moved my PSFR and installed my dual battery system!

Used the National Luna Kit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190519_142606_1558307678605.jpg (3.61 MB, 95 views)
BlueRidgeX, Kratos, PhullD and 1 others like this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28273 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:23 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Spaulding View Post

My kit has been sitting in the parts closet for 2 years now, hopefully going to do it soon. Which batteries are those, they look like Odyssey?

post #28274 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
Quote:

My kit has been sitting in the parts closet for 2 years now, hopefully going to do it soon. Which batteries are those, they look like Odyssey?
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! 🙂 I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.

Click Here for >
post #28275 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:41 PM
2010 Silver Lightning Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
That looks great!
Can you please link to GeoXplorer's write up? My search fu seems to be lacking today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
post #28276 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:48 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledheadX View Post
Time to hit the brakes!! Just got my new Raybestos today! 2 days early and on a sunny warm Saturday no less. Omen!! After 72000 miles and Pa/NY winters the rotors are still in good shape. A little scraping and sanding and good to go there. Wish I would have looked closer at the pads when I was lifting the truck back in April. Never thought the inner pads would wear so much quicker than outers. Didn’t read enough in here. Also took the time to get those spidertrax installed too. Didn’t think I would notice a difference but cornering stability is definitely better. So that puts me up to fender cutting and melting. The rabbit hole’s getting deeper and deeper...

EDIT:

And deeper... and deeper... Day after: Just took off my front sway bar, 5 minutes before the thunderstorm. Woohoo!! Thanks @General_Tarfun for your input on yanking yours. Finally pushed me over the edge. Still have to get her rolling out on the road. I'll lean into it after the rain stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha it's always a good thing with a one more post update!

post #28277 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
Quote:
Yeah the Odyssey PC1200s. Honestly, even after reading GeoXplorer's very detailed thread I still found some steps difficult. But it's done now! I imagined I was going to be able to replace the Big Three, but that turned out not to be possible given my knowledge and tools. Which is a bummer, but maybe someday I'll be able to swap them out.
Can you please link to GeoXplorer's write up? My search fu seems to be lacking today!

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how...t looks great!

Click Here for >
post #28278 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Much obliged!

post #28279 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:27 PM

That link didn't work but I found it

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how.../topics/200986

post #28280 of 28743 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 10:45 PM
LBX
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Took off and sold my PRG Adjustable Shackles and my All Day Fab 1/4” Strut Spacers.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode