What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2826 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7097Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #28251 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:33 PM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeX View Post
Is that an aftermarket heater core or did they change the OEM?
Unfortunately it's not OEM. I'm honestly hoping it holds up, since I've never had too much luck with aftermarket.

I started Wednesday. Did a couple hours that day. Probably 2 more yesterday, and about an hour this morning...

It's all just about done now. I left the gauge cluster out since I'm doing the LED mod here in a few.

First to pull a vacuum on the AC system and get it filled. Then top off coolant.

If there's time a Royal Purple oil change too.
BlueRidgeX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28252 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:50 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2012 Metallic Green Xterra S

Garage
Had it Krown rust proofed last week.

Today replaced the Driver's side upper a/f sensor (codes were P0051 and P1168) for Bank 2 Sensor 1 check engine light. Used NGK 25685 and CEL is now out. It's a pricey one. Cost me $225 Cdn.

It wasn't easy to get out, but turning the wheel and loosening/ removing the inner plastic fender well panel helped a lot.
Cheers
Trevor
BlueRidgeX likes this.
post #28253 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:10 PM
2007 Desert Stone Xterra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam12SD View Post
Unfortunately it's not OEM. I'm honestly hoping it holds up, since I've never had too much luck with aftermarket.

I started Wednesday. Did a couple hours that day. Probably 2 more yesterday, and about an hour this morning...

It's all just about done now. I left the gauge cluster out since I'm doing the LED mod here in a few.

First to pull a vacuum on the AC system and get it filled. Then top off coolant.

If there's time a Royal Purple oil change too.
Well shoot hardly anybody goes with OEM on the rad replacement. What was the brand? Was wondering if Koyo makes a replacement? I hope you took some more pictures.
Adam12SD likes this.

Last edited by BlueRidgeX; 05-17-2019 at 05:12 PM.

post #28254 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury View Post
Had it Krown rust proofed last week.

Today replaced the Driver's side upper a/f sensor (codes were P0051 and P1168) for Bank 2 Sensor 1 check engine light. Used NGK 25685 and CEL is now out. It's a pricey one. Cost me $225 Cdn.

It wasn't easy to get out, but turning the wheel and loosening/ removing the inner plastic fender well panel helped a lot.
Cheers
Trevor
Krown of Fluid Film is on my agenda sometime this summer. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone in East TN that does this. So mine will be a DIY.
post #28255 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:22 PM

Oops.
BlueRidgeX likes this.

Last edited by Adam12SD; 05-17-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Double post.
post #28256 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeX View Post
Well shoot hardly anybody goes with OEM on the rad replacement. What was the brand? Was wondering if Koyo makes a replacement? I hope you took some more pictures.
Honestly, I meant to do a how-to since there wasn't much on the interwebs... But I got carried away. Lol.

I think it was Spectra Premium or something like that. All I was happy about was there was no joint half way through the inlet outlet pipes to eventually leak. It's solid piping.

I'll definitely throw up some pics of the LED mod once it's up. Right just for using on the AC and coolant line that I broke.
post #28257 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:29 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra SE

After doing the radiator I'll be tearing back into it to replace the thermostat. Should have just done it while I had things apart. Stupid hindsight!
post #28258 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurst View Post
After doing the radiator I'll be tearing back into it to replace the thermostat. Should have just done it while I had things apart. Stupid hindsight!
Do OEM on the thermostat. Hopefully you did the hoses too. New belt? There is no end to preventative "while your in there". That clunky shroud it seemed like the worst part of my rad install. I hate it.
KenHurst likes this.

Last edited by BlueRidgeX; 05-17-2019 at 06:43 PM.
post #28259 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2007 Xterra

Garage
Ordered an awning and designed/fabricated a mockup for a quick release mount for it. works really well so far! More work left to do of course. I don't want the awning to always be mounted on the X, so the idea is to be able to quickly mount it before hitting the road and taking it off once back in town. Also to be able to switch between driver side and passenger side easily depending on camp side setup. Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1278.jpg (100.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1280.jpg (101.2 KB, 29 views)
GeolJon, Longboardr and Adam12SD like this.
post #28260 of 28474 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:19 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Knight Armour Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMZ View Post
Ordered an awning and designed/fabricated a mockup for a quick release mount for it. works really well so far! More work left to do of course. I don't want the awning to always be mounted on the X, so the idea is to be able to quickly mount it before hitting the road and taking it off once back in town. Also to be able to switch between driver side and passenger side easily depending on camp side setup. Cheers!
Are those 3D printed or machined from nylon or something like that? I like the idea of a quick release bracket for it. An awning is going to be one of my first accessories but I'll be in the same boat as you and won't want it on when I'm driving the X around town. What awning did you go with? I'm debating between picking up an ARB and making one.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode