What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2751 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7368Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #27501 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:57 AM
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTKSHR View Post
just means that one of the nuts that is welded inside the frame for the stock skid plates broke off when putting mt Hefty engine skid back on. Since you add 4 bolts to the outer corners of the aftermarket skids this is not that big an issue, but I will add a nutsert the next time I have them off.
Makes sense. I was just reading up on a thread concerning the ones on the rear of the frame when the rear bumper is removed. Luckily, none of mine broke when I took mine off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27502 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:03 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra X 4x4

Garage
On the road to 30,000 pages, lets go!
post #27503 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Veteran
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Upgraded the little guy's seat. This thing is HUGE. I can't believe how expensive car seats are (we bought two of these), but they ought to last a while.

scoyoc likes this.

post #27504 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 PM
2014 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTKSHR View Post
just means that one of the nuts that is welded inside the frame for the stock skid plates broke off when putting mt Hefty engine skid back on. Since you add 4 bolts to the outer corners of the aftermarket skids this is not that big an issue, but I will add a nutsert the next time I have them off.

Nutserts are great for some applications. They can’t take much torque before they give up and start to spin. When they work they’re wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #27505 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:31 PM
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caain View Post
Upgraded the little guy's seat. This thing is HUGE. I can't believe how expensive car seats are (we bought two of these), but they ought to last a while.

Great seat. Ours have served us well. My 45# 5 year old is still using it. We fought the urge to change to forward facing as long as possible. Once we did turn it around, there was plenty of room to put it behind the passenger seat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
caain likes this.
post #27506 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifun View Post
Nutserts are great for some applications. They can’t take much torque before they give up and start to spin. When they work they’re wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But, if I put it in and add tack welds, will it not be fairly strong?
post #27507 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:23 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra S

Just installed a new stereo, speakers, and tweeters. Working on installing a subwoofer and back-up camera. Decided to put the sub and amp (I've got a low profile powered woofer) in the pop-up compartment in the back, as I realized that I open that about once or twice every two years, and don't want to give up any cargo/sleeping space in the back. The struggle I'm running into right now is running the power from the battery. I'm using insulated 8 gauge wire. The options I've considered are:

1) Running it under the Xterra, using one of the grommet holes in the cargo area to get it into the vehicle. Bolt it to the undercarriage somewhere out of the way, avoiding the exhaust, and keeping it from places it may get pinched.
2) Running it through the frame under the Xterra... not sure how to get it in one hole and out the other, spent 45 minutes with fish tape going nowhere today.
3) Running it inside the Xterra. Need to find where to get it through the firewall on the passenger side, and how to get it under the carpet/behind the molding.
4) Waving a magic wand at the amp, hoping that will somehow power it.

Anyone who has done this on an '05, tips would be appreciated!!!
post #27508 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:06 AM
2011 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian86t View Post
Working on installing a subwoofer and back-up camera. Decided to put the sub and amp in the pop-up compartment in the back. The struggle I'm running into right now is running the power from the battery. I'm using insulated 8 gauge wire.
I installed a backup camera in a license plate frame and routed the cable up into the rear floor storage area and then underneath the lower driver's side door trims to the dashboard. That is the route one of the existing wiring looms takes. I can't help you get through the firewall, but the rest of the routing is easy. I assume it's the same on the passenger side for a more direct route to the battery depending on where you find a hole through the firewall. Details here:

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how...up-camera.html

Last edited by 11ORX; 01-22-2019 at 10:12 AM.
post #27509 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian86t View Post
3) Running it inside the Xterra. Need to find where to get it through the firewall on the passenger side, and how to get it under the carpet/behind the molding.
If you're willing to go in the driver's side there's a large rubber grommet you can make a slice through behind the brake booster. I did this for a fuse block/ham radio install.

post #27510 of 28720 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:49 PM
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra Off Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post

If you're willing to go in the driver's side there's a large rubber grommet you can make a slice through behind the brake booster. I did this for a fuse block/ham radio install.

This is how the power wire for my amplifier is run into my cab as well. And it’s huge #2 welding lead wire!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode