What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2740 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7403Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #27391 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHaynesUSA View Post
I dropped my rig off at the Stevens creek Nissan Dealer for a week.

plan on having the following done:
change all fluids in Rear,Center & Front gearing.
flush radiator
fix drivers side passenger door lock mechanism

And find the dead rodent in my heater system!!!!!!
My rig has smelled like dead rodent for 8 months now.
Service rep sat in rig for one minute and came out and said you have a dead something in there.
I told him to tear it apart and find it and remove it and clean the FVCKK!! out of the rig till the smell is gone!!!!

Also got wife's rig smog checked today
Just after changing my cabin air filter I got the same smell. ****** could not have done it when the old one was in? Still haven't found it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27392 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:47 PM
2014 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
Put my hefty aluminum rad skid on finally. ordered a new battery & some new j hooks. I couldn't find stainless steel anywhere to save my life. oh well.

started researching how I want to mount my RTT.

I lasered put some longer brackets to go around the stock rack tubes. Itís worked really well for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27393 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 07:28 AM
2005 Night Armor Xterra SE 4x4 5AT

Garage
Replaced my fuel pump yesterday
scoyoc and ZheKing like this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27394 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Got rid of the timing chain super charger whine.

Timing chain replacement, rear timing chain cover, all guides, seals, etc. Water pump, 350Z Thermostat, radiator hoses and power steering hoses. Which of course meant, oil change, coolant change, power steering fluid change.

None of it was planned for a week ago, but there it is.
BlueRidgeX, scoyoc and Adam12SD like this.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #27395 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM
Veteran
2007 Desert Stone Xterra Off-Road

You went with the 350Z to run cooler? How long did it take you to get all of that done? I don't have the whine, but have considered doing this as I just crossed 222,222 miles. I've also considered pulling the lifters and cleaning them out, too. Even though I'm good with my oil changes and all, that many miles and the known issue of sticky lifters bothers me.
mtnbound likes this.

At the rate I'm going I should have an ExPo vehicle ready in roughly 6.3 years. It'll be pimpish. **Joins in 08, 6 years later he's dual lockered, RTT'ed and on schedule for his signature. Well done sir. - Surf and Snow, 5/9/14**
post #27396 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

As many others have done, I did the 350Z thermostat in hopes that it would run a little cooler. Can't hurt, was gonna replace it anyway, might as well try.

The dealer had my rig for 2 days.

You know that's the thing that kills me, I have a 2011 with 107K, and you have an '07 with 222k. I have the guides crap out and you're still going. I don't get it.
mtnbound likes this.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #27397 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:11 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2006 Xterra SE

I put 235/85R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws on last week in place of 265/70R16 Firestone Destination LE2s. Night and day difference. These Falkens are awesome in the snow.
Battousaited likes this.
post #27398 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Veteran
2007 Desert Stone Xterra Off-Road

It's really hit or miss, from what I hear. I've generally used synthetics the entire time, so maybe that helped, too. For a while I was using Amsoil, but I was going with the longer intervals when I was using that, so who knows. Luck of the draw.

Most likely I'll be doing this at home myself, so at least I'll get to get in there and root around myself, replacing all of the different things. The biggest thing on my mind right now is my clutch. I replaced the first one at 120K miles, so given my mileage, I'm thinking it's probably getting near time for that to happen again. If it doesn't go before goneMOAB, I'll likely pick up all the required parts from Boulder Nissan so I've got them at home for when it does go out. Much cheaper that way, since I won't have to pay shipping. Which makes me wonder how much of the crapped out exhaust system I should replace when I've got the transmission out...

At the rate I'm going I should have an ExPo vehicle ready in roughly 6.3 years. It'll be pimpish. **Joins in 08, 6 years later he's dual lockered, RTT'ed and on schedule for his signature. Well done sir. - Surf and Snow, 5/9/14**
post #27399 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4seen4 View Post
New year, new look. Decided to ditch the rack and go slick top.

Really been giving this some thought simply for mpg. Drive it 60 miles a day...

post #27400 of 28746 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyoder27 View Post
Really been giving this some thought simply for mpg. Drive it 60 miles a day...

I havenít had a full tank yet of just driving and no wheeling but I would hope the lack of gobi and itís 100lbs will make a difference

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode