What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2621 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26201 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IssacHunter View Post
I brought it back and the Service writer was like "So how did you like the new Rogue?"

I was like "Yeah, it's not bad. If my girlfriend ever decides to drive a Nissan I'll let her know."
I traded in my juke for the xterra years ago because i realized i wasn't a 14 yr old girl...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26202 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
I traded in my juke for the xterra years ago because i realized i wasn't a 14 yr old girl...
You actually admit to having one of those???

I had to drive one for a friend...

I put a paper bag over my head so no one would know it was me.
mtnbound, TerryD and Battousaited like this.

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
post #26203 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Veteran
2007 Desert Stone Xterra Off-Road

I had a green Geo Tracker convertible for years. Put 200K miles on it before the engine grenaded.
mtnbound likes this.

At the rate I'm going I should have an ExPo vehicle ready in roughly 6.3 years. It'll be pimpish. **Joins in 08, 6 years later he's dual lockered, RTT'ed and on schedule for his signature. Well done sir. - Surf and Snow, 5/9/14**

post #26204 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
My dealer gave me the new one for a few days while they replaced my timing chains, I was surprised at how comfortable that thing is. Only problem was I can't stand the way CVT's drive. If I can ever get a good price on a seat from one I'm definitely going to try to fit it in the X.
I was surprised by the amount of specs the third row has and the way the seats folks flat. We were talking about driving one Friday just to check it out. After having the 6 speed auto in our Malibu and knowing how automatics actually function, I think the CVT will actually be a relief for me. I hate the way the "bunch-o-gear" automatics shuttle around. Every gear change is wearing clutches and creating heat....

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #26205 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

I put a new fan clutch on yesterday. A few times when starting the X cold the fan clutch was fully engaged and was loud enough the wife commented. The fan would spin about a full rotation spinning it by hand cold. I don't know if I wasted $144 buying a new one but I didn't want to be overheated on the side of the road this summer so a new one went in. 3 of the 4 bolts on the pulley stuck and the whole stud eventually came out with a lot of persuasion, thanks a lot salt belt!

I'm considering pulling it apart after work to see what's inside but I'm afraid it's gonna make a hell of a mess.

mtnbound, TerryD and brokefoot like this.
post #26206 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran
2007 Desert Stone Xterra Off-Road

I'd say pull it apart and post pics. Satisfy our curiosity such that we don't have to deal with the pain and mess.

At the rate I'm going I should have an ExPo vehicle ready in roughly 6.3 years. It'll be pimpish. **Joins in 08, 6 years later he's dual lockered, RTT'ed and on schedule for his signature. Well done sir. - Surf and Snow, 5/9/14**
post #26207 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:03 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Anyone ever tell you you're all heart?

Looks like there's oil in there, but not much in mine at least. Didn't spill a drop!

TerryD likes this.
post #26208 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
I think the CVT will actually be a relief for me. I hate the way the "bunch-o-gear" automatics shuttle around. Every gear change is wearing clutches and creating heat....
Nissan CVT transmissions... most warrantied item ever. Go ask Nissan parts manager how many they've had to order.
Battousaited likes this.

post #26209 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 04:23 PM
2012 Xterra X

Quote:
Nissan CVT transmissions... most warrantied item ever. Go ask Nissan parts manager how many they've had to order.
The Nissan dealership next to me STOCKS 10 of them at all times

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ZheKing likes this.
post #26210 of 28508 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
I'll do some research, but the automatics with 6-7-8+ aren't fairing much better. My brother's Focus with the 6 speed auto was in and out of the shop for almost a year. They finally replaced the entire shift control system on it, but its still not right. Stutters on takeoff, randomly downshifts or locks itself in too high a gear.

Friends with the 8 spd in the Cherokee just traded it in with about 40k on it because it started randomly dropping out of gear and requiring a restart to get it going again. Once leaving him stranded on his 5 mile drive to work.

I work with a guy with over 100k on a Nissan CVT and his wife is hardly a conscientious driver. They just had the fluid services done at 50 and 100k and he says he's been extremely pleased with it.

I'm personally not excited about any of the new transmission options out there right now. But, I've rebuilt automatics and understand how they work and constantly shifting between three gears like these 6-7-8 speed units do is a lot more wear and heat than I'm comfortable with. I'm willing to try the CVT because I think there's merit in the way they operate.

Not saying I'll for sure buy one, but the wife is going to need something eventually and the older Pathy's built on the frame are just getting higher miles and closer to needing the timing sets, cats, radiators, IPDMs, and other things we're all replacing due to failure right now.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode