What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2616 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7097Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26151 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
I had planned on working over this evening since the wife and kids are all out of town but I spent all day working on stopped up sample lines that wouldn't be stopped up if other people would just half-ass do their job.

I decided to come home and work on the X a little instead. I got the new O2 probes and cam sensors installed. The passenger side cam sensor came with the metal sleeve on it the same way the crank sensor did. I hooked up the battery and fired it off. No issues!!! Or so I thought.....

I crawled around it and found BOTH rear converter flanges where the secondary cats bolt to the primaries leaking. Called Magnaflow and they were no help. Another member here, @ExciteBike , said he had to use OE ring gaskets rather than the gaskets Magnaflow includes with the converters to get them to stop leaking. So I guess I'm off to the dealership first thing tomorrow to see if they have the right gaskets in stock. I had hoped that tomorrow would be reinstalling fender liners and rotating tires but I guess I'm splitting the exhaust system again.....

I've had a long, hot day so I'm just hanging out in my chair, drinking water, and nursing a mild headache from the heat in that boiler today.......

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26152 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 10:17 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
I had planned on working over this evening since the wife and kids are all out of town but I spent all day working on stopped up sample lines that wouldn't be stopped up if other people would just half-ass do their job.

I decided to come home and work on the X a little instead. I got the new O2 probes and cam sensors installed. The passenger side cam sensor came with the metal sleeve on it the same way the crank sensor did. I hooked up the battery and fired it off. No issues!!! Or so I thought.....

I crawled around it and found BOTH rear converter flanges where the secondary cats bolt to the primaries leaking. Called Magnaflow and they were no help. Another member here, @ExciteBike , said he had to use OE ring gaskets rather than the gaskets Magnaflow includes with the converters to get them to stop leaking. So I guess I'm off to the dealership first thing tomorrow to see if they have the right gaskets in stock. I had hoped that tomorrow would be reinstalling fender liners and rotating tires but I guess I'm splitting the exhaust system again.....

I've had a long, hot day so I'm just hanging out in my chair, drinking water, and nursing a mild headache from the heat in that boiler today.......
We all have them days...believe me.
mtnbound and TerryD like this.

post #26153 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Ok, woke up early, around 5 am, but feeling a lot better. Went out to breakfast and perused Wal-Mart a bit before the dealership opened.

They didn't have the gaskets in stock. While I was there, I intended to drive a Pathfinder. We're considering them for the wife's next DD, even though we both prefer the older body on frame ones. No one ever walked out to talk to me or even mentioned it when I went inside. Oh well....

Went to Advance Auto and they had them so I headed home and got to work. The passenger side sealed up first try. The bevel on the inside of the drivers side is cut too deep though so it still leaked. I stacked the original gasket on top of the new one, with the original toward the converter. No leaks after tightening it up that time. After that I did a 5 tire rotation to get my new spare in the game.

I did get a KAM (keep alive mode) code after the second startup. I cleared that and took it on a 15 mile test drive to the nearest little town and back. No codes or issues.

After that I cleaned up my tools and went to get shipping prices on some stuff I'm selling.

Cooling off for a bit now and watching some Deadpool.
mtnbound and brokefoot like this.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:

post #26154 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 04:29 PM
2012 Xterra X

Got some new shoes on it, falken wildpeaks, in 285/75r16... Haven't driven it yet but it looks badass

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #26155 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousaited View Post
Got some new shoes on it, falken wildpeaks, in 285/75r16... Haven't driven it yet but it looks badass

I think youll love those tires, I got them in 265/75/16 and wish i had done the 285's, next time, if they still make that tire ill probably get it again.

Looks really good!

Last edited by mtnbound; 06-22-2018 at 04:46 PM.
post #26156 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Veteran
2014 Xterra S

Garage
Just got finished installing my new Sony XAV AX5000 and Rockford Fosgate speakers.

God damn does it sound great now! The Android Auto functionality is great, although it's a little difficult to change playlists on Spotify without closing AA on your phone and changing, then reopening. Google Voice does good work of getting you new tunes, finding directions or just answering stupid questions. Install was easy, but I have yet to tackle the steering wheel control adapter from Axxess since the instructions online are incomplete. I did receive directions via Xterra Crew on FB though, so maybe I'll do that next weekend when it's not +30C outside

FishingX, eighty and mtnbound like this.

Click Here for >
post #26157 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 06:39 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S

Garage
I have been adding lots of trail pinstriping and miles to the x. Lots of flyfishing at the high elevation lakes in co and I'm super impressed with the capabilities of the x. I thought I'd have to park at the bottom of some trails and hike up to fish but with just the baby 33s it's handling the trails well.

I put on ironman all country ats for around $500 and they have surpassed all expectations. Really tough side walls and plenty of traction on rocks.

Also polished the headlights and noticed both foglights are burned out. A month after installing them both had cracks from rocks so it was only a matter of time.

eighty, DATW, mtnbound and 3 others like this.
post #26158 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind46 View Post
I have been adding lots of trail pinstriping and miles to the x. Lots of flyfishing at the high elevation lakes in co and I'm super impressed with the capabilities of the x. I thought I'd have to park at the bottom of some trails and hike up to fish but with just the baby 33s it's handling the trails well.

I put on ironman all country ats for around $500 and they have surpassed all expectations. Really tough side walls and plenty of traction on rocks.

OK... gotta ask..... What's the fishin' hole?

Nice lookin' rig.
Mastermind46 likes this.

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
post #26159 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Veteran
2010 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind46 View Post
"baby 33s"?
Mastermind46 likes this.
post #26160 of 28474 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Dave's reverse lights came in so I went ahead and installed them. I forgot to get a pic of the bulbs but they have a projector on the end and I'd imagine are a 10w led in them. YCompared to my old luxon reverse lights which were more of a flood type while these project outward some.

Chug, FishingX, Brunnie and 5 others like this.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.), Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)
OverlandBound member #16797 "Adventr-X" Adventure is necessary.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode