What Have You Done for Your X Lately? - Page 2403 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7372Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #24021 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 11:08 PM
2008 Xterra

Hmm... haven't posted in a while. 156K miles. I replaced the airbag/ clock spring last year. I had the front left plug/coil go out on me. When the shop replaced it they messed with the cooling system, so new thermostat and new cap on the resevoir (it was syphoning my coolant out! so minor but caused me problems...). two new tires. Brake job.
Now the check engine light for the fuel pressure system is on. Replaced the gas cap, no such luck.
minor annoyances but I'm getting a lot of them...

08 Stormtrooper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24022 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

Passed the HAM Technician test on Saturday. Now need to decide what radio to get. Any suggestions for a new operator?
caain likes this.

Life is an adventure.....go live it.
post #24023 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
Discovered my passenger Alcan overload leaf spring is busted, just like the driver side did last October. Lovely. No pics, because, Photophuckit, and I haven't tried to find another host site yet. Yeah, I have an attitude right now...
I think a lot of us are using imgur now.

Lost my wheel key ( I shouldn't say lost, it magically disappeared. I think the dealership that did my airbag recall misplaced it. Went to a (different) dealership, had them take them off, got 4 regular lugs from them. Got an oil change. Put the front portion of the lift on tonight. Gained more than I expected. I attribute it to the fact the stock suspension had 110k miles on it and i've added the winch, bumper, and skid. definitely looks goofy with only the front done.

Driver side 33 1/4" ground to fender and 19" center wheel to fender to
37 1/2" ground to fender and 23 1/2" center wheel to fender

Passenger 33" GTF 19" WTF to 37 1/2" GTF and 23 1/2" WTF.

So pretty stoked both sides are the same now (even though before you couldn't really tell, very well could've been an air pressure thing since i hadn't fully aired back up from the last wheeling trip)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ZheKing; 08-07-2017 at 11:03 PM.

post #24024 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Veteran
2007 Avalanche White Xterra SE, 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATW View Post
Passed the HAM Technician test on Saturday. Now need to decide what radio to get. Any suggestions for a new operator?
^^ Good Job.. welcome to the Dark side, and The new Addiction..
Lots of info, lots of radios to choose from How deep are your Pockets?. How far you want to talk?. 10m, Or 90% 2 meter/70 band for Locals. With in 60 miles Vs 500 Plus.

Some good links for yea!!. enjoy.. 73

Go Grab six pack of beer.. Or 5 drams of whisky.. Yea's got some Reading to do. ;-)

Bad part. Photobucket SUCKS.. No more photos in the thread.
Linky: https://www.thenewx.org/forum/297-ele...ham-radio.html

Good starter radio:
https://www.thenewx.org/forum/297-ele...an-%24100.html
DATW likes this.

Never give up the high Ground!!
" A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough. "
Gus McCrae-
post #24025 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 01:01 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATW View Post
CONGRATS!!!!

The links @Chug posted above are good starting places. I'd do what most of us do and start off with an entry level cheapie Baofeng HT to get your feet wet. That will let you get on air and learn the ropes like how to use repeaters etc. It will also allow you to learn what features you care about and what you don't, before you start looking to drop a couple hundred on a mobile rig.

$36 for everything you need to get in the game. Cant beat that. And you can use free chirp programming to easily load repeaters.

https://www.amazon.com/Baofeng-136-1...=baofeng+uv-82
DATW likes this.

Support small businesses that support us! -

post #24026 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
A quick before and after of the front. Man I wish i hadn't just bought new tires.

GPD605X likes this.

post #24027 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

1/2 way there!
ZheKing likes this.

Support small businesses that support us! -

post #24028 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Some random dude
2006 Solar Yellow ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Talked to a local guy about getting some sliders built, he took some measurements, I gave him some money. Hopefully by next week I will have a bit of armor added to my X, and I can check off one of my first major mods to this thing.
GDPearson likes this.

post #24029 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2007 Avalanche White ❌terra S-TSWAP

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Just put in a call to see if i can still jump on the snork group buy fingers crossed!!!!

Click Here for my Build >
post #24030 of 28724 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Veteran
2010 X

- maxpow gate struts. the old ones were rusting and the clip just broke off when I tried to pry it. good timing.
- 1.5" spacers front and back.
- rear diff breather about a month back thanks to @KuanR

next up is stock skids that I got from @PhullD, rattly heat shield and wipe new for the bumper.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode