Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

GPAX - The Shocker Run # 9 - March 19th, 2016

14K views 80 replies 21 participants last post by  VMBiohazard 
#1 · (Edited)

The 9th Annual Shocker Run hosted by GPAX. March 19, 2015 GPAX will once again invade a cold and unforgiving Rausch Creek Off-Road Park and hit the icy, rocks and dirt of the 3,000 off-road acres. Details will increase over the following weeks.

This is run open to all makes and models of 4x4, not just Nissans.

The event will end with a top class raffle featuring GPAX's amazing sponsors and some amazing raffle prizes.

Don't miss GPAX's best event of the year and the largest winter wheeling event on the east coast for Nissans off-roaders.

• When: March 19th, 2016
  • Where: Rausch Creek Off-Road Park - 453 Molleystown Road Tremont, PA 17981 - (570) 695-3900 Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
  • Time: 8:00am - 6:00pm
  • Lodging: Twin Grove KOA - 1445 Suedberg Road, Pine Grove, PA 17963. (717) 865-4602 RV Resorts in Pennsylvania - Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages
    Comfort Inn Pine Grove - Pine Grove, PA 433 Suedeberg Road Pine Grove, PA 17963 Comfort Inn Pine Grove
  • Dinner: O'Neals Pub - 112 South Tulpehocken Street Pine Grove, PA 17963 - (570) 915-6093
  • Raffle: R.C. Pavilion after the trail groups finish. General Raffle Tickets are $3 for 1, $5 for 2, and $10 for 4. Specialty Raffle Tickets are $10 each.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning on attending The Shocker Run # 9.

See less See more
#45 ·
It is March 1st! Time to make trail groups! Please post up what trail level you want to ride on for the event.

Green = Beginner, Blue = Intermediate, Black = Advanced.

Green Trails
- You do not needs skids or sliders. Remove mud flaps and step rails. 31" tires

Blue Trails - Skids and Sliders. 2-3" lift recommended. Minimum 33" tires.

Black Trails - Full Armor. Advanced lift required. 35" tires. Winch recommended.

#49 ·
...Blue Trails - Skids and Sliders. 2-3" lift recommended. Minimum 33" tires.

Black Trails - Full Armor. Advanced lift required. 35" tires. Winch recommended.
Hmm, feeling a bit inadequate…guess I’ll be running Blues during this event.:frown:

#57 ·
Yeah, I've seen it done but I don't really see the point. I have to rebuild my steering almost yearly and snap CV's with 33's as is. What would I gain? Most likely more down time and even worse MPH.

Not one of the guys that had 35's on their IFS 1st Gen that I knew still have their truck. Pikachu (Chris, 36x11.5's) and 01SalsaXterra (Ken, 35x12.5) come to mind...

Reactions: yakkerX
#58 ·
The biggest tire I ran before the axle swap was the LTB super swampers in 34x10.50. They were hands down the best off-road tire I ever had. Terrible on the highway but would go through just about anything off-road. The Goodyear MT's I have now are a close second.

I may run some blacks too. See how the truck holds together.

#68 ·
Oooh, blue 1 looks like it's going to be a fun group!! I can't wait for this!!

Hoping to have my project finished in time too... We'll see
I concur and I would assume this is a secret project?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.