New Member, Long Time Lurker from Canada - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Knight Armor Xterra SE

New Member, Long Time Lurker from Canada

Greetings fellow Xterra brethren,

I’ve owned my 05’ SE since it was available to purchase.
In that time we have done everything together, DD, hunt, fish, camp and she’s be fantastic. She has only let me down once, when I snapped a wheel hub on the back roads, and a cheepo sensor.

If I could go back, I would have bought the Off road version, but it wasn’t as available in my area, and I didn’t think I’d Off road as much as I’ve done over the years.

I have spent a great deal of time reading from very experienced owners on this forum, too many to list and thank.
I have made the decision instead of buying new, I’m going to dump a pile of money into it and make it great again. You guys really sent me down a path!

I ordered the;

- Nisstec extended travel kit Radflo front 2.5’s and emolsion rears
-SPC UCA’s
- New leaf springs/ all new bushings
- 285/70/R17 Duratracs
- Rear diff breather
- Warn M8000 synthetic winch
- Unbolt flip kit
- Timbren Offroad bumpstops front and rear
- New headlights
- LED interior/ led brake and fog lights
- Blacked out all logos and wheels
- Hood strut kit
- Light bar roof mounts
- Shrockworks bumper and dimpled sliders

All of this stuff is ordered, but have not received the big ticket items yet as the wait is quite long.

Some stuff I’d like to do sooner than later, down is lower on the list;

-Rear locker/on board air
- Offroad lights front and back
- Add LED light strip to lift gate
- Snorkel

I’m so excited to get all this stuff in, the wife has heard enough of me talking about it!

I hope I can contribute to the forums in the same why others have that helped me make the right decisions.
bluez, TerryD and The Chad like this.

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten.

Last edited by Justins1877; 09-17-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Welcome! Sounds like a great plan you have for it! You might consider calling Nisstec and having them add extended studs for the front Rads and their 1/2" thick spacer so you can run a lower preload to help maintain your down travel.

Also, if you have an automatic, you need to look into replacing your radiator if you haven't already. Google "site:thenewx.org smod"
bluez likes this.

Mildly Demented...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Welcome from the States!

>
&

>

>
|

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Welcome! Sounds like a great plan you have for it! You might consider calling Nisstec and having them add extended studs for the front Rads and their 1/2" thick spacer so you can run a lower preload to help maintain your down travel.

Also, if you have an automatic, you need to look into replacing your radiator if you haven't already. Google "site:thenewx.org smod"
Thank you!
I'm not sure what you mean about the extended studs, or the 1/2 spacer, or if any of that could be changed now, as it's been over a month since I put my order in.
This is the exact kit I purchased if it helps;
*SALE* 3" Nisstec Radflo Extended Travel Kit (05+ Xterra) - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

As for the strawberry milkshake issue, indeed she's an automatic. That was dealt with right around the time the class action lawsuit was filed, 09', I think? So that's taken care of thankfully, good call though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMBiohazard View Post
Welcome from the States!
Thank you. You were actually one of the many people who helped me decide on these mods. Cheers man.
bluez and VMBiohazard like this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:53 AM
ECS
Lifetime Premium Member
2009 Knight Armour ❌terra OR

Welcome!
Justins1877 likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justins1877 View Post
Thank you!
I'm not sure what you mean about the extended studs, or the 1/2 spacer, or if any of that could be changed now, as it's been over a month since I put my order in.
This is the exact kit I purchased if it helps;
*SALE* 3" Nisstec Radflo Extended Travel Kit (05+ Xterra) - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits

As for the strawberry milkshake issue, indeed she's an automatic. That was dealt with right around the time the class action lawsuit was filed, 09', I think? So that's taken care of thankfully, good call though!

Thank you. You were actually one of the many people who helped me decide on these mods. Cheers man.
The kit you ordered comes with both it appears! The extended studs are the top mounting for the coilover in the coil bucket and allow you to run the spacer on top of the coilovers. It's recommended to not run over 2.5" total front lift at stock width because it severely limits front down travel and hurts the ride quality.

If you dial down the front lift to around 2-2.5" with the spacers on top of the front struts, you'll gain down travel and ride quality will be greatly improved. I'll be adding the spacers to mine after I get my bumper installed so I only have to adjust ride height the one time.

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Brilliant Silver ❌terra S

Garage
Welcome from NH.
Justins1877 likes this.

Zombie Hunter: 2014 Silver Xterra S -

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." -Alexander the Great
Overland Bound #13805; Tread Lightly! Member
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Supporting Member
2015 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Welcome to the forum, from another lower mainlander. Maybe we'll run into each other on the trails at some point. If you haven't already, check out BCNissan4wd on FB. Great group of people with a lot of local knowledge.
Justins1877 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
The kit you ordered comes with both it appears! The extended studs are the top mounting for the coilover in the coil bucket and allow you to run the spacer on top of the coilovers. It's recommended to not run over 2.5" total front lift at stock width because it severely limits front down travel and hurts the ride quality.

If you dial down the front lift to around 2-2.5" with the spacers on top of the front struts, you'll gain down travel and ride quality will be greatly improved. I'll be adding the spacers to mine after I get my bumper installed so I only have to adjust ride height the one time.
That's good to hear. After many hours of reading through this forum and others, I quickly learned in the suspension world it's a pay to play game, and it's better to buy it right the first time then changing parts multiple times.

I just measured my truck on level ground, center of wheel hub to bottom of fender and they are;

FD - 19.5 FP- 19.5
RD - 19 7/8 RP - 20 1/8
With these measurements in mind, should I be going 22" in the front, and 22.5" in the rear to make them level with each other, or should I take into account that the suspension is 14 years old and worn out and sagging?

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm going to be getting the suspension stuff from Nisstec long before the bumper and sliders, which sucks because I that means I gotta wait till Dec to do all this stuff, including the alignment too.

Wanted to get everything installed at one time, but my current Duratrac's are shot after 5 years and winters coming going to need to get those installed this weekend.
Thanks a lot for the advice. Always nice to talk to guys who been there, done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodragon4x View Post
Welcome to the forum, from another lower mainlander. Maybe we'll run into each other on the trails at some point. If you haven't already, check out BCNissan4wd on FB. Great group of people with a lot of local knowledge.
Thank you!
Since they shut down Sylvester, you wouldn't know where one might find a gravel pit for shooting these days, would you? The wife's been on my back about exploring new area's to find some.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Administrator
2006 Silver Lightning ❌terra "S" 4x4

Welcome to TNX Site - Issued Membership Upgrade.

"D'Garv"
Member #272
Stock Silver Lightning AT
Live Free. Drink Good Beer. Eat More Sushi.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Welcome Center

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode