MPS: Who Wants a Zombie Burger? Replacement Front & Rear Burgers - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
2005 Frontier LE

MPS: Who Wants a Zombie Burger? Replacement Front & Rear Burgers

Aloha everyone. Member's Product Sale. Available and for sale are front and rear replacement burgers in a couple of different designs and options.
These replacement burgers were made using a laser engraving machine using materials manufactured specifically for these types of machines.
Inspiration for this came from this thread.

Overview:
Materials Available
1) Black/White: Black Surface, engraves white, matte finish, Surface Engraved (B/W Example)
2) Glow in the Dark (GID): Translucent Color, Reverse Engraved
3) "Grey" - This is actually the black/white material but at a lower resolution which gives a "checkerboard" effect Example of the "Grey"
4) Black/White with Tape Mask: This option allows the customer to paint the white engraved section a color of their choosing Custom Painted Burger Mounted For front and rear burgers this option is an additional $5 per burger.

Designs Available
1) Zombie (NYTKSHR inspired)
2) X-Terra (for the guys on thenewx.org)
3) Custom Designs - No Charge if you provide the necessary artwork in electronic format (ie: Corel Draw file). additional $25+ without artwork
Example #1 "Dharma"
Example #2 x_mods custom design & painted
4) Biohazard Wheelcap, Wheelcap on the Truck

Sizes available
1) Front OEM burger replacement (measured off the burger of an 05 Frontier)
2) Rear OEM burger replacement (measured off the rear tailgate of an 05 Frontier) Front vs Rear size comparison
3) Custom resizing (to a smaller size is no extra charge, buyer to provide the exact dimensions)

Known Size Differences (July 2013)
1) 2013 Frontiers - Rear Burger is slightly smaller than 12- (due to the "spoiler" lip)
2) Xterras - Front Burgers vary in size due to changes in the grill size between years (forget model years off the top of my head so please measure)

Shipping
Burgers = USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope/Box or USPS First Class Envelope
Center Wheel Caps = USPS via a Regular envelope

Mounting Options: Do It Yourself
1) 3/16" Acrylic Backing plate provided (See Post #82 as an example)
No screws or Mounting Materials Provided. Only the Acrylic is provided.
2) 3M VHB tape (3M VHB Tape)
3) Gorilla Glue
4) JB Weld
5) Read the thread to see what others have done

Prices for basic Zombie Burger:
Front Burger $30
Rear Burger $20
Wheel Caps $25/set of 4 or $30/set of 5

Additional Charges
Tape Mask for Painting: +$10/color (except grey)
"Grey" color: + $5
Custom Designs: Starting at $15-$25/design

Discount:
-$5 if ordering more than one burger or wheel caps per order

Picture Gallery:

Dharma

CarJeep's GID Front

CarJeep's GID Rear

x_mods Front Custom "Grey"

x_mods Wheelcaps painted Orange

My "Datsun" Burger

Beaterpc's "Grey" X-Terra Burger

x_mods Custom Front Painted Burger

aksoutherland's Painted Wheelcaps

Brushed Aluminum/Black Wheelcaps

Nomad13's Custom Burger

Mahalo for looking!

Last edited by 808UpFront; 03-10-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Fixed a picture link. Clarified GID & Shipping pricing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S Plus

3) Front & Rear, GID $35ea. Shipped

Is that each or the pair?

I am going to want a black and white, front and back as well as a front and back glow in the dark, so 4 in total......

My idea is going to break my bank account!
post #3 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
2005 Frontier LE

^^ Thanks for that. I swear it took me an hour to write that thing and it still had typos. I edited the original post which had a typo and did not account for those ordering more than 1 sign. Hopefully the edits clarifies it but here is an example:

1 GID Front = $35
1 GID Rear = $30
less $5 for shipping discount on second item
= $35 + $30 -$5 = $60 shipped to your door.

A third item (GID, Front) would cost an additional $35-$5=$30
A fourth item (GID, Rear) would cost an additional $30 - $5 = $25
and so on. Shipping discount also applies to the Black/White signs.

The point is you pay for shipping only once per order.

Last edited by 808UpFront; 04-30-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: fixed my math

post #4 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
2005 Frontier LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTKSHR View Post

My idea is going to break my bank account!
lol...Sorry man but you broke my "free time" account. If you only knew how much time your idea costed me My girlfriend can't wait til I am done designing burgers. Your thread came right at the time when I am painting my new grill for my Frontier and I needed/wanted a new burger to finish off it's look.

Too much empty space in the middle so I wanted to fill it with something...then I ran across your thread looking for ideas and dozens of hours later...here we are

Last edited by 808UpFront; 04-30-2012 at 12:40 AM.
post #5 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S Plus

Cool, so if that means what I asked for is $95.00 for the 4 of them, sign me up and tell me where to send the money.
post #6 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM
West North Central Regional Moderator
2006 Solar Yellow - ew3 Xterra S

seriously jealous of the open grill. If I could get something like that for the x, I'd put N-I-S-S-A-N across it instead of the burger.

Click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to Ride the Short Bus - XBL: Tom Brunansky
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox764 View Post
i love how at the GPAX mod days our rigs (speaking about ROOK) were equal sliders, spacers aal, fangars light bars, pio dvd headunits, etc... now your truck has just launched into space and my truck is at a drive up bank trying to order a hotdog because he cannot read.
post #7 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Xterra SE

what color is the glow in the dark one in normal light? Is it also black and white? Instead of the black can you match the color of the bottom moulding of our xterra. ie Dupli color perfect match charcoal gray metallic seems to be a pretty close match...... I am interested in a front one and maybe a rear one.
post #8 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
2005 Frontier LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmunkey View Post
what color is the glow in the dark one in normal light? Is it also black and white? Instead of the black can you match the color of the bottom moulding of our xterra. ie Dupli color perfect match charcoal gray metallic seems to be a pretty close match...... I am interested in a front one and maybe a rear one.
I will take pictures and post tomorrow during the day. I do not know how to best describe the color. The glow in the dark material is engraved from behind. The non engraved section is glow in the dark. Engraving removes the glow in the dark material. The example I have was "color matched" using a spray can (same color as my grill in the pic above). So painting is easy because you can just spray it from behind. I cannot spray these due to the numerous variations. The higher price reflects a higher material cost and the fact that I don't normally buy this material. The black/white on the other hand I do use for other projects and can buy it locally so I don't have to pay for shipping.

The glow in the dark material is the same color as "glow sticks" with the translucent greenish tinge. It is not quite clear and see through and is more of that frosted green look. This means that the glow in the dark material has a "frosted" look during the day. The best way that I can describe it is its the same way a glow stick or other glow in the dark material looks like when not glowing. Hope that helps.

The glow in the dark will be sold unfinished so that each person has the option of customizing to their liking.
post #9 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
2005 Frontier LE

It might be best for those with questions/concerns about the glow in the dark material to wait until someone has time to write a review. I am not in a rush to sell these and would rather people be satisfied. Just my 2 cents. There will be more than one batch of these available for the next couple of weeks so don't feel like you are going to miss out if you don't order now.
post #10 of 339 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 AM
2010 Frontier PRO-4X

Send a message via Skype™ to x_mods
You know I'm in for a ton of them

-Nate
2010 Crew Cab PRO-2X. Lights out the wazoo..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > The Marketplace > Member's Product Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode