Thank You Admins! - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra X w/Mods

Garage
Thank You Admins!

I going to stop humping Old Navy's leg for minute to give a shout out to all those that are saving this site from the inevitability of change. When I first found this site there were some posts/how-tos with bad pic links. People come, people go and photos get lost over time and create holes (in the RW, I have very few hardcopy photos due to moves/divorce, so not much pre-digital camera...) but there was enough to give confidence. When PB (F them) pulled this right before my swap I was panicking.

It's like @Old Navy is one step ahead of me with his efforts.

Thanks again for your hard work. Personally you've saved my bacon, but you're maintaining a community treasure.

OohRah!!
General_Tarfun, dr99 and Kirzzy like this.

Last edited by Old Navy; 09-02-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Veteran
2011 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 6MT

+1

I'd bet a lot of us lurked here long before joining, and if all the pictures were gone in the how-to's etc we might never have stuck around long enough to stop lurking and start contributing.

Much thanks @Old Navy for your hard work before and especially after PB screwed us all!
Kirzzy and DaveN like this.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Caretaker of The Minion

2005 (w/a little 2010) === SE/OffRoad ❌=== EW3 Solar Yellow

Garage
yeah, he's doing a FANTASTIC job getting these threads fixed!

And he's got some helper elves too ;-) If you wanna help out, shoot me a PM with your email address. I've got a system setup that myself & several other members have been using to help him out with photo downloads.

The most time-consuming part for him is downloading the photos...fixing the threads is the easy part. That's where we come in to help him out.

As of now, the photos can still be seen/downloaded via this method: https://www.thenewx.org/forum/21-pict...pb-images.html

In a nutshell.....you'll download all photos from an affected thread onto your computer. You'll then upload those photos into a folder within the OneDrive folder. Old Navy, at some point afterwards, will grab that folder you uploaded & do his thing to fix the respected thread.

There's detailed step-by-step directions w/in OneDrive on how to exactly do this so everyone does it all the same way so he can hammer them out.

And...as of NOW, all PB photos are accessible via that how-to. The question is how LONG will they remain accessible. Because PB screwed over the webs by changing their TOS, who knows if they'll go one step further and make it impossible to access the photos entirely unless they're under a paid account.
jsexton, VMBiohazard and Houndsong like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-|-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

on Instagram

(North Carolina Xterra Club)

(Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast)

Last edited by JOSX2; 09-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
And if there are active members out there with how to's affected, please, please, please update the photo links. We are doing this exactly like you would by downloading one at a time, re-uploading and re-linking. It's a ton of work and any thread that we don't have to do helps.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 02:19 AM
Administrator
2006 Silver Lightning ❌terra "S" 4x4

HaHa Elves..... Ahhh Yes, I have Four of them, (JOSX2, Jsexton, afarrar3 & Longboardr), and they are doing an "OUTSTANDING" Job finding the Ammo, (Photos), to resurrect these photo into these threads.

I take photos that they download from 'photophucket' and upload them into Albums in my Profile. Take a look, I have almost uploaded 1,000 photos so far. They are up loaded into Username Albums and it is from here that they get TNX.org Hosted Links to replace the 'photophucket Ransomware Links'. This way these photos are now here forever or until this website is gone.

I was looking into another hosting site, but I only wanted to do this once, so here we are.

Along with uploading the new links, I also do general upgrade sweeping of the thread with, Bolding, Capitalizing, Punctuation, Spelling, etc.... One thread with a 148 Photos took me 5 Days to get done and another 3.5 Days with 85 Photos. So some are easy and quick and some are long and hard.

So like Josh, stated if you want to help with the 'photophucket' download, send him a PM.

"D'Garv"
Member #272
Stock Silver Lightning AT
Live Free. Drink Good Beer. Eat More Sushi.

Last edited by Old Navy; 06-23-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Edited Post
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Amazing job guys! Thank you so much for doing all this leg work!

>
&

>

>
|
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

I can't thank you all enough for you time and efforts.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2009 Avalanche White ❌terra OR

Not truck related, but still one of my favorites. 15 photobucket ransomed photos in the ZIP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 17951-how-campfire-chicken.zip (1.70 MB, 11 views)
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Brilliant Silver 6MT Pro-4X & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4 ❌terras

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29erClan View Post
Not truck related, but still one of my favorites. 15 photobucket ransomed photos in the ZIP.
It would be more useful if you helped us fix the threads correctly...

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/18-site...ml#post3894585

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator
2005 Red Brawn ❌terra Off Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
It would be more useful if you helped us fix the threads correctly...

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/18-site...ml#post3894585
I resisted commenting on this because I really appreciate @29erClan's efforts to make the photos available, but resurrecting photos to an attachment that one has to download to view isn't the best way. Better to have the photos hosted on TheNewX as described in the link posted by @jsexton.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Community Help > Community Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode