Dear NissTec, Where is my Lift? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
2012 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Question Dear NissTec, Where is my Lift?

My order for NissTec Radflo Extended Travel Ultimate Kit with OME CS061RLift Leaf Pack was placed on Mon, Sep 3, 2018.

The website says "Ships in 24 hours". Now I understand that OME had a bit of a back order. I called in October to find this out (No one ever has called or e-mailed be back to inform me of status). November and December come to no luck even after many calls. I called in early December to be told the parts arrived and would be shipped in a week. Three weeks have since passed with again no update or information. This is becoming a serious concern for me and I am regretting this order.

Just thought others should know what they may be getting into if they go with this company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:09 AM
LBX
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

What a huge bummer. Can’t say that I’m surprised though.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:55 AM
2014 Frontier SV & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Coc View Post
My order for NissTec Radflo Extended Travel Ultimate Kit with OME CS061RLift Leaf Pack was placed on Mon, Sep 3, 2018.

The website says "Ships in 24 hours". Now I understand that OME had a bit of a back order. I called in October to find this out (No one ever has called or e-mailed be back to inform me of status). November and December come to no luck even after many calls. I called in early December to be told the parts arrived and would be shipped in a week. Three weeks have since passed with again no update or information. This is becoming a serious concern for me and I am regretting this order.

Just thought others should know what they may be getting into if they go with this company.
Just call them. First thing in the morning.

Just like PRG Greg, its a Small operation (like 2 or 3 man).

As it was early Dec, things tend to get chaotic during the holidays for everybody, they are not immune to this. I am in a similar boat where I ordered Alcans as part of the order and they're waiting to ship till Alcan sends them the springs...

The few parts suppliers we (nissan fans) have available is small just like with the fabricators.... If you want Big Box responsiveness (Amazon's 2-day ship) you can't buy a niche product... if you want to see slow responsiveness, look at Landys or Hummers....

I am not excusing their delays or distractedness, but you have to understand that if you aren't calling them regularly (they give a date to ship, and don't have a tracking # call them till you do...) you don't have alot of justification to gripe.

2014 Frontier SV -Nightarmor
2015 Xterra Pro4X -Nightarmor

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:54 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
I have run into the exact same thing w/ Nisstec. Give a call and ask for Steve. Don't go w/ what the website is saying.... you're in for a wait.

I ordered extended travel 2.0 Radlo coilovers... and 11 weeks later I finally got them. (The website says 24 hours....NOPE !)

Some Nissan aftermarket stuff -like bumpers - will tell you he lead time is 20 weeks right upfront. To quote Hefty, as example : " built to order and require a minimum 16-20 week lead time for production. Production times are an estimate and we do our best to stay within the projected times, however, delays can happen though not common. "

Just call Nisstec, and you'll get the goods eventually.

RJ Giddings
Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
2005 Desert Stone Xterra S

Garage
I have had a similar experience with Nisstec. I ordered the same Ultimate Extended Travel kit and it was delayed by a few weeks. Unfortunately I did not learn my lesson and I ordered some more parts from them for a second time. This time my truck was stuck on a rack in a shop and I had to finally cancel my order with them and order the parts from elsewhere (it was for a pair of adjustable shackles and Ubolt flip kits). They also charged me around $70 for cancelling my order even though they were unable to fulfill it! This is very disappointing customer service.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 01:28 PM
LBX
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
Just call them. First thing in the morning.

Just like PRG Greg, its a Small operation (like 2 or 3 man).

As it was early Dec, things tend to get chaotic during the holidays for everybody, they are not immune to this. I am in a similar boat where I ordered Alcans as part of the order and they're waiting to ship till Alcan sends them the springs...

The few parts suppliers we (nissan fans) have available is small just like with the fabricators.... If you want Big Box responsiveness (Amazon's 2-day ship) you can't buy a niche product... if you want to see slow responsiveness, look at Landys or Hummers....

I am not excusing their delays or distractedness, but you have to understand that if you aren't calling them regularly (they give a date to ship, and don't have a tracking # call them till you do...) you don't have alot of justification to gripe.
You have got to be kidding me. This guy placed his order 4 months ago, FOUR MONTHS! It is not up to the customer to have to call a vendor regularly to make sure they receive their order in which as already been paid for.

If I were the OP, I would have cancelled the order after 1 month. This type of "customer service" is completely unacceptable. I don't care how small (or big) the company is, there is no excuse for this type of business practice.
bluez and BowHunTerra like this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 01:29 PM
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra Off Road

Garage
I placed an order with Nisstec just after Christmas for new OME springs and Nisstec adjustable shackles.

About a week after placing the order I was called and told the MFG for their shackles changed so delivery time would be extended. Since they communicated this to me I didn’t have an issue with it. The springs are a few weeks out as well but this was also communicated to me so I know I’m waiting for a bit. I’ll be following up with them in 2 weeks to see where my order stands.
bluez likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 01:50 PM
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBX View Post
You have got to be kidding me. This guy placed his order 4 months ago, FOUR MONTHS! It is not up to the customer to have to call a vendor regularly to make sure they receive their order in which as already been paid for.

If I were the OP, I would have cancelled the order after 1 month. This type of "customer service" is completely unacceptable. I don't care how small (or big) the company is, there is no excuse for this type of business practice.
Totally agree, although have to say that Nisstec is way better than PRG in all aspects. With PRG I had 100% negative experience with both orders I placed that never got fulfilled and it took me many months to get my money finally back. With Nisstec I had over half a dozen orders with zero issues at all, apart from the time it took for them to ship things that were built to order (e.g. Radflos), and those of course were not fully their fault, although I start to believe that they potentially delay passing orders to the manufacturer to consolidate multiple orders that come in over a certain period of time.

I also never had issues getting on the phone with them (I too suggest to talk to Steve when you call them), unlike Greg who is never reachable. All in all, I think Nisstec is still on the better end as far as customer service quality is concerned, although I suggest to go directly to manufacturer whenever you can.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2009 Avalanche White ❌terra OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Coc View Post
My order ... with OME CS061RLift Leaf Pack was placed on Mon, Sep 3, 2018.

The website says "Ships in 24 hours". Now I understand that OME had a bit of a back order...
Wait, what? Are you saying you were told the OME springs are a back order problem? I've heard about RadFlos and other coilovers being a long wait item, but I ordered my CS061R leaf packs and bushings on 11/20 and got them 11/26. (Not from NissTec, obviously.)

Did you order the leaf packs with the extra leaf pre-installed or something custom?

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid -
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:21 PM
2014 Frontier SV & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBX View Post

since you chose to boldface part of my comment but seemed to have misunderstood something... If you place an internet order (especially) and don't receive a tracking number, call. If the seller says it will go out end of the week and you don't receive a tracking number, call and hold them to it. Don't place an internet order and then get pissed when it gets lost in their system. Many internet sellers have less than great webfront stores. Because they're (shocker) not computer programmers and can't afford to pay a Good IT guy to create a storefront that works well. This is why nearly all the Nissan aftermarket providers have changed their websites in the past year, why PRG has his wife taking the reins of the sales side...
I've had plenty of delayed sales/shipments from many online/mail-order stores going back 25+ yrs.
Best service is when you call.
September I had ordered a set of skids & bumper from Hefty. after a month, I called and found out they had an equipment failure that caused a large backup. If you think that they are going to call/email everyone they have open orders with you don't understand how the world works... Perhaps if you had a $5k order or were selling them retail and were maintaining the stock at your site (bearing all the overhead) it would be a different story... Such as with my order Chris apologized and moved my bumper to the front of the line.

catch flies with honey, not vinegar...

2014 Frontier SV -Nightarmor
2015 Xterra Pro4X -Nightarmor

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Supporting Vendors > NissTec Lifts LLC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode