Review: MaxGear Rear Bumper, (WARNING: Lots o' Pics) - Page 5 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM
2012 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
MaxGear Rear Bumper Review (WARNING: Lots o' Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd9 View Post
I could get the name of what I used if anyone is interested.

Id like to know what you used for the clear film.

I ordered a bumper from Dave about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited when I pushed send in PayPal! I ran into a fellow TNX'er with one of Dave's bumpers at the Moab Brewery and talked his ear off... :-D

Last edited by scoyoc; 06-11-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Timey-wimey correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Brilliant Silver ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyoc View Post
Id like to know what you used for the clear film.

I ordered a bumper from Dave about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited when I pushed send in PayPal! I ran into a fellow TNX'er with one of Dave's bumpers at the Moab Brewery and talked his ear off... :-D
I'd like to know as well. Waiting for an update on mine but want to be ready when it comes. I was originally thinking of throwing some grip tape on the edge but this sounds like it may be a much better idea and I will probably put as much on it as I can to protect it.

Zombie Hunter: 2014 Silver Xterra S -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." -Alexander the Great
Overland Bound #13805; Tread Lightly! Member
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd9 View Post
Maxterra's bumpers are the sh*t. I can't say it enough. It was insane how easily it was to bolt up. I get remarks on that before anything else on my truck wherever I go. It was a super long wait time, but Dave doesn't hide that fact when ordering and kept me posted along the way on where it was at in development, which I think lends to good customer service considering the other mentioned factors. The dude does it as a side job and has boat loads of orders. Think about "squeezing" something like that in your current lifestyle. He's legit. Personally, think he should do it full-time if the finances are there for him, which seems to be with the work-load and the knowledge/know-how to do the work.

I'd recommend him to anyone that has the option to have one of his products. Great work, Dave! Thanks again!

On a side note, as I was overly excited to open the packaging, my razor blade was out too far and hit the top part of the bumper face and put a scratch in it. Completely my fault. But I wasn't too upset considering it is an off-road bumper and not a show car being pushed across Barrett Jackson. I had a concern about that part of the bumper getting scratched up a lot though and worrying about good ole east coast rust setting in. I ordered a roll of protective, clear film for the top of the bumper face to protect it in the future. Lot of tailgating happens in that truck and two dogs jumping in the back and that film protects that bumper face from any more scratches. It is a lot like the protective film that is on the rear doors at the bottom. Wasn't expensive and pretty easy/forgiving to apply. I could get the name of what I used if anyone is interested.

Anyways, cheers to Dave and his kick-ass bumper!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sounds similaar to the 3M film I used when mounting the tail light guards
scoyoc likes this.

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:50 AM
2012 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I bought the rear bumper guard clear tape from here

https://www.lamin-x.com

I believe it was 4" x 48"
scoyoc and Kilo Sierra like this.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Few more pics of the Transit Flatbed 2 bike rack (with bike on inside mount) and how it sits with this bumper. Worked great camping last weekend. Would definitely recommend this or similar setup. TONS of departure angle off-road. Stable enough. Easy to get into the rear.

jsexton, scoyoc, X4dblduty and 2 others like this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Last thing. The stickers Maxterra provides are pretty quality

VMBiohazard, scoyoc and GDPearson like this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
Last thing. The stickers Maxterra provides are pretty quality

I didn't get any stickers...

post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
Ask him.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old Today, 11:22 AM
Some random dude
2006 Solar Yellow ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
Ask him.
Or do the whole internet thing. File a negative report with the BBB, leave a 1 star yelp review, and spam his Facebook page with angry comments. Also make sure to post on as many forums as possible about how he is such a scam artist for not sending you those stickers. Bonus points if you can rant and rage in a few Youtube videos as well. Ain't no entitlement like internet entitlement...

Or just ask him, he sounds like a great guy who does honest, proud work for the best of his customers, and I am sure he will hook you up.
MeHere! likes this.

Last edited by meisanerd; Today at 11:26 AM.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old Today, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisanerd View Post
Or do the whole internet thing. File a negative report with the BBB, leave a 1 star yelp review, and spam his Facebook page with angry comments. Also make sure to post on as many forums as possible about how he is such a scam artist for not sending you those stickers. Bonus points if you can rant and rage in a few Youtube videos as well. Ain't no entitlement like internet entitlement...

Or just ask him, he sounds like a great guy who does honest, proud work for the best of his customers, and I am sure he will hook you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
Ask him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheKing View Post
@ZheKing.... didn't you pick yours up used............

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode