MaxGear Rear Bumper Review (WARNING: Lots o' Pics) - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
Someday I will trade out my Insain Fab for one of Dave's!

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>

>
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2012 Lava Red ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
I recently took delivery of my MaxGear Armor rear bumper last weekend to replace my Shrock rear. I was always skeptical when seeing people like @IM1RU and jsexton hard-selling the Maxterra rear bumper like it was "God's gift to mankind", wondering "how different can you really make these rear bumpers?" but in the end...
Now you see why I made that crazy drive for mine to 1. not have to wait, and 2. get it at half price brand new.

I always push his bumper real hard.

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Veteran
2006 Night Armor Xterra OR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizard View Post
Nice! i really like this rear bumper been eyeing it for a while but the wait time is what puts me off from ordering it does it come with install instructions or is it really straight forward? I suck at putting stuff together lol
It's very straighforward to install, but having a couple friends lift it into place while someone gets the bolts into the chassis is a must.

And yes, it's well worth the wait. Every bumper is made by Dave personally; this isn't just custom, it's bespoke

Nulla tenaci invia est via.

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:15 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I picked up mine Saturday along with sliders and the ditch light brackets, I could not be happier with how they came out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6745_1557944064709.jpeg (124.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20190513_163902_1557944086579.jpg (7.17 MB, 41 views)
maXTERRA and Kilo Sierra like this.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:27 PM
2010 Xterra X 4x4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
I pondered various bike rack options for a LONG time. The one that attaches to the spare doesn't work with the offset tire because the bikes would hang out way too far to the left. If you have a center mount tire, that would be a good solution.

Yeah, luckily I already had a similar bumper otherwise that wait would have killed me. No install instructions but it is pretty obvious.
It should have come with the instructions, maybe they were tucked away in the packaging?

I bring it up because Dave did a thorough job of putting the instructions together, very detailed.

*Edit* Looks like I actually received the install instructions via email from Dave, can't remember if a copy was included in the actual packaging or not.

Last edited by BillySpivitz; 05-15-2019 at 02:40 PM.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySpivitz View Post
It should have come with the instructions, maybe they were tucked away in the packaging?

I bring it up because Dave did a thorough job of putting the instructions together, very detailed.

*Edit* Looks like I actually received the install instructions via email from Dave, can't remember if a copy was included in the actual packaging or not.
There was so much packaging that I thought I had lost the 10lb bag of hardware. Even if there were instructions, no way I would have seen them the way I unpacked it

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
Man oh man, you just made me email Dave for a price list. All things considered, not an unreasonable price for the quality of product. I wish the wait time was less, but I’ve had the X for two years with a stock bumper at this point, so shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

Click Here for >
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Veteran

@AlbatrossCafe great review and photos, thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizard View Post
Nice! i really like this rear bumper been eyeing it for a while but the wait time is what puts me off from ordering it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
I wish the wait time was less, but I’ve had the X for two years with a stock bumper at this point, so shouldn’t be that big of a deal.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
Blind_Io and AlbatrossCafe like this.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 PM
2012 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Oh hell yeah! I was going to ask Dave to put a hitch receiver in the swing arm too. Now I don't have to be the first. :-)

Hopefully I can get my order in next week...

Keep on keepin' on!
Click Here for >

Or Here for >
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 PM
2015 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I love my dual jerry can maxterra bumper. It is built right. One thing I would recommend is carrying an extra license plate light in your glovebox. I have had bad luck with them. I went through three within two years. The most recent one is still going strong at about two years. Keeping fingers crossed.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode