Review: Quadratec J3 17" Light Bar - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Review: Quadratec J3 17" Light Bar

I just wanted to throw a quick review about the Quadratec J3 17" light bar. Quadratec has the J3 in a 28" version as well, along with the J5 which is a 50" version. The J3 has a listed output of 5400 lumens using nine (9) 10° Spot Beam LEDs and a IP69 waterproof rating. I'm not going to talk so much about the output (it's bright, it's in spotlight configuration vs the other two(2) versions which have a flood/spot combo), but I will talk about the amber halo rings which set this apart.

The light comes with two(2) wires, one being a Deutsch-style connector, the other being a fuse tap that controls the amber halo rings. I say "controls" but it relies on whatever fuse you decide to tap. There's no switch for the halo lights. I chose the 30A "spare" fuse from the engine compartment, which turns the halo lights on when I turn the key. The fuse tap comes with a 5A fuse installed already. To me the amber halo lights perform the same function as the Raptor lights that can be installed for much cheaper. I was already getting a light bar (thanks to the wife for a great Valentines Day gift) so I found one that combined the two(2) and ran with it. I used a rigid industries wire harness (40193) that I had to extend to make it work.

The price was $119.99 shipped. I went ahead and purchased the light cover which allows only the halo lights to show through until it's removed. Photos attached. Let me know if anyone wants any more info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5906.jpg (51.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5904.jpg (129.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5907.JPG (33.1 KB, 7 views)

Because why not?

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode