Review: Automotive Customizers (4X4 Parts) Steering Shaft Extension - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By RockHunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member - AKA MetalJohnny
2010 Night Armor ❌terra S

Review: Automotive Customizers (4X4 Parts) Steering Shaft Extension

Apologies if someone else blabbed about this already. Iíve been dealing with some binding in my steering after installing a 2 inch body lift. Tried a few things that didnít fix it. I also unbolted the whole steering shaft to get as much movement as possible on the upper end near the firewall. This resulted in the bottom end barely reconnecting. I personally wasnít comfortable with it. I know most folks havenít had issues with it barely being on there, but it was something I wasnít willing to chance falling off while I was driving. Anyway, after reading several threads regarding peopleís steering issues/noises post body lift, I decided to order a steering shaft extension from Automotive Customizers. Not much to it really. Itís just a piece of metal that connects to the bottom of the steering shaft. But what a nice piece of metal it is. No more binding, and no worrying about my steering going out while driving.

Since the install, itís been great. No issues off-road, and no issues during normal driving. Didnít expect there would be, but never know I guess. Anyway, I attached a couple pics of the extension, as well as pics of it attached to the steering shaft. Every rig is different and most folks probably wonít need this. But if you do, just know itís a great part from a great company (in my experience with them anyway).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5539BADD-F5D5-4307-91A2-81E6DD0324C2.jpeg (101.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpeg C39CD53A-1714-4F9B-AD89-9F80A0C627D3.jpeg (107.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg DE37F5E6-4EAA-4454-AED6-CE81B1A0750B.jpeg (119.6 KB, 6 views)
4x4parts and GDPearson like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode