Review: aFe High Tuck Exhaust - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 09:55 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Xterra Canadian LIMITED edition PRO 4X

A few pictures.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damper.JPG (318.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg front.JPG (274.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg back.JPG (332.0 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Veteran
2015 Stormtrooper White Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
I have this exhaust and have had it on for almost 2.5 years now. I say the sound of this is very decent. If you want drone get a turboed car or truck, run a 2' long pipe off the exhaust housing and dump the external wastegate.. My DSM was nuts, more so when the wastegate opened. I have had cars jump several lanes when getting up to speed on the freeway.

I have many people tell me how nice this exhaust this sounds and I have no issues with droning on mine even uploaded a video to youtube when I installed it show the drone with my dashcam. Even when I had to rev the piss out of my little Leeloo when some pieces of utter trash threw some dam eggs at me and I was trying to get their plates (which FYI victory dance for screwing over the POS driving on this incident), still wish I would have caught them in a parking lot but with what happened to the kid I am decently happy.

As for price, if you do not need it right now, put the link into camelcamelcamel and a lower price and sign up to be notified and wait. However if you need it now, this wont work. I paid $463 delivered for mine off of Amazon thru autocaredepot. Almost the lowest price it has ever been. Main reason I bought it is due to the price dropping over $120 overnight. https://camelcamelcamel.com/aFe-Powe...uct/B00W8ATR4U

Now while this video shows the exhaust, it also has me swearing up a storm, but what would you do if an egg grenade off your face all over the inside of your truck? Likely the same things would have been said... so NSFW, not safe around kids, but good sounding exhaust.

And a few other videos

Just a Hunter likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zball94- Plastic dip. It sucks how little rocks on the road rip it right off, but it clings like a butt nugget when you try to remove it purposely.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

i think having the manual make it sound even better, sometimes exhausts on autos sound dumb to me becuase of the way the auto trans shifts and doesnt hold gears as long.

but i do like the afe sound.

I also had a Z prior to the X that was LOUD! (6mt)

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4

Garage
I watched the egging video.
Totally justified regarding the language
I would have said worse.

We're you able to keep the car in sight until the police arrived?

“All that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.”
Robert E. Lee
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

i like how you immediately turned on all your lights
mtnbound and Just a Hunter like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe

Last edited by Un4seen4; 09-21-2018 at 05:44 PM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 05:36 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2015 Xterra Canadian LIMITED edition PRO 4X

Spoolup ..just watched your video ..standard shift seems to have less drone....at 2000 rpm with auto trans...light acceleration .. that is the drone zone. Not at full power on the gas.

An egg tossing bunch of kids would not be worth a high speed chase with my wife in the car or calling 911.!!! Actually you may have ended in trouble if you had an incident during your chase...just saying!!
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Veteran
2015 Stormtrooper White Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter View Post
I watched the egging video.
Totally justified regarding the language
I would have said worse.

We're you able to keep the car in sight until the police arrived?
No, I got what I needed, went home, took photos waited for PD who took more photos, the original post had alot of the story but since then (a little over a year ago) a lot has happened. All 4 kids had their days in court. The driver got the brunt of the punishment as did his parents. In fact if I had to wager, I would say the parents got it worse. In total they had a dozen cars "presumed" egged by these guys. They had "empty or full cartons of eggs that could reasonably hold in excess of 100 eggs in total". More than half were empty. 2 other witnesses seen them throw eggs but none were able to get the plates only described the vehicle as a dark wagon or a subie wagon. All 4 charged with numerous offences but the one that screws them over is the assault charge, Misdemeanor A for physically assaulting me with the egg since it grenades off my face. They were also charged with criminal mischief, destruction of property, etc. But the misdemeanor is the one that seen 4 kids get a criminal record for life. All got community service. Driver had to pay for me getting the vehicle detailed (thanks for the heads up surf). Parents of the driver insurance had to cover all the charges for the other 12 cars.

The driver only had a learners permit. Per Utah law learners permit rules state that there must be a licensed adult next to the learning driver. The learning driver can not have non family members in the vehicle the first 6 months of having permit. Both parents signed the form when at the DMV and the test was conducted. Due to the incident, the parents were told that they are financially responsible for children under 18 when driving. When the cops contacted the parents that night they told the PD that "their son was just out practice driving" which the PD asked what signed adult was with them.... not good for the parents since they were both there. The PD told the parents what happened and they said "he would never had friends in the car since he follows the rules" then they showed them the youtube video... bad news for all. SLC PD noticed military swag and let the parents know that the guy they hit was a US Marine and if he would have caught them they would have a bigger problem on their hands. Found out their father (kids grandfather) was a retired Marine, which did not sit well with some of the other family.

Due to the driving used by the learner (driving in turn lanes, approaching oncoming traffic, skidding around turns, speeding, improper turn signal, no seat belts, and the wreck less charges) they filed a motion that was later decided upon, to have his drivers license suspended until 21 years old. IE the screwed his parents over more than himself comment. Their lawyer asked why I was not cited for reckless driving which the officers of Murray PD responded "the driver was just assaulted and was trying to get the license plate, description on individuals, and direction of travel, that allowed us to locate them. Once on the line with dispatch he disengaged and returned to driving in at a normal pace and following the rules of the road. The lights were excessive but it allowed the camera to clearly capture the events that allowed for us to charge your clients". I almost pissed myself. They responded with something like, if he was not chasing them they would not have driven like that which everyone had a hayday with due to them tossing eggs starting it, the friend leaning out the car to toss more eggs, and it appears that they have done this before due to how they maintained themselves thru the incident.

All in all I'm glad justice was served and hope other are not impacted by these punks. Oddly had some of their extended family tell me that they are sorry for what happened but I never heard sorry from the kid drivers parents. Thus I hope they have their hands full for a while and that they enjoy the increased rates from their insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4seen4 View Post
i like you immediately turned on all your lights
See them slam on the brakes when I did it! HAHAH little punks. I was debating how this was going to play out in my head as it happened. On the first turn I was debating slamming into the rear of the car for identifying marks.... COPS- how do you know that you said the plate correctly we could not read it. ME- was the back of their car smashed to crap and had matching shackle holes in the hatch? That how.

I just know I never want to go thru this again.
mtnbound likes this.

Click Here for >

Zball94- Plastic dip. It sucks how little rocks on the road rip it right off, but it clings like a butt nugget when you try to remove it purposely.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Odd how I just installed this and then this tread kinda resurfaces lol. I really enjoy the exhaust a lot. Just not so much getting my old one out....
spoolup and mtnbound like this.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.), Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)
OverlandBound member #16797 "Adventr-X" Adventure is necessary.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode