Review: HID Projectors - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6 MT

Review: HID Projectors

I decided I wanted to upgrade my headlights and after searching around I found HIDprojectors.com and asked for a quote to build me a custom set of headlights. I wasn't looking for anything too flashy, no halos or led strips, just a basic blacked out set of projectors with 6000k bulbs.
After getting my quote I decided the price was fair and asked them to proceed with making them. I was impressed with the fact that they kept me up to date on the progress of my headlights throughout the couple of weeks it took for them to be made. I ordered the lights September 29 and received them today, I live in Canada so they were held up in customs for 2-3 days, if not I would have had them last week.
The installation was really easy, the hardest part was just removing the bumper. Tom included instructions in one of the emails explaining how to wire in the harness to bypass the DRL so it was pretty fast getting everything up and running.
No complaints about the quality, the lights seem to be well put together and I couldn't be happier with how bright they are compared to the OEM headlights. I plan on buying a conversion kit for my fog lights and trail lights and I wouldn't hesitate to give these guys my business again.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HIDpr...19823161399201

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/bren...tml?sort=3&o=8
http://s46.photobucket.com/user/bren...tml?sort=3&o=5

Last edited by 14xterrapro4x; 10-29-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Veteran
2006 Frontier CC LE

Send a message via MSN to COFronty Send a message via Yahoo to COFronty
They look good! I did my own retrofit, but nice to know there's a place selling HID ready to go.

2006 Frontier CC 4x4 LE NISMO SPORT Stormgray-Airaid Quickfit,XTP I.M.S.,JBA Headers,Doug Thorley cat-back,SuperChips Cortex, TRS HID Retrofit,Bullet BullBar, LEDs overhead and on front,Billet Grill,Pioneer 920BT Navi,PRG Adv.4x4 lift,4X Radlfo shocks,D1ckCepek FC2 on American Outlaw Buckshots,1" DIY BL.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM

Out of curiosity, what did they run you? I'm thinking of going the same route since I don't want to do the retrofit myself.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Veteran
2012 Xterra PRO-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaGuy View Post
Out of curiosity, what did they run you? I'm thinking of going the same route since I don't want to do the retrofit myself.
This.

And did he have the headlights in stock? Or did you have to ship him a spare set?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4 SE
Heavily Modified. (SOLD)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
2014 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN4x4Xterra View Post
This.

And did he have the headlights in stock? Or did you have to ship him a spare set?
I didn't have to ship him anything, all you have to do is go on their website and pick the shrouds, halos, bulbs, ballasts etc and he'll give you a price or the way I did it was to send an email explaining what I wanted in a light and he got back to me with a list of the parts he wanted to use and a price to do it. For these headlights they cost $800 but the price would vary depending on what you have built.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-29-2014, 11:39 PM

Look great! It would be nice of Nissan offered a HID option for the Xterra. They've offered it on most of their other models for 10 years.

-Tastefully modded & slightly abused-
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra SE

$800! Ho..ly shiiiiiit!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 01:40 AM
2006 Red Brawn Xterra X

I have a 27" monitor. I still had to scroll right and down to see everything.

When I saw them, I thought they looked nice. Not a bad price IMO either.

>

I'm just here for the adventure.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 AM
2006 Xterra X 4x4

Thanks for the write up.

We've been doing Xterra retrofits since 2008ish. I'm actually the person that wrote the original how-to's (see the link in my sig).

We sell kits starting at $245 and the other pricing is variable but essentially looks like this:

Labor: $150 per pair
Paint work: $50

Any other pricing is dependent on the options that you choose. If you want brand new headlights, you'll need to factor in the cost of those as well (usually another $200 or so).

Most retrofits with new headlights average around the $600-$800 range. And remember, we are selling what I've found to be THE BEST bulbs and ballasts in the market - no low-quality junk here.

Hope that helps - check us out on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HIDpr...19823161399201
And on Instagram @hidprojectors
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 06:09 AM
Veteran
2007 Super Black Xterra S Titan Swapped!

Garage
If I could afford it, I would go this route. I've seen tons of hues33's work on this forum and they all look amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a bad set of projectors made by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REXterra View Post
"100% of people with snorkels have bigger wieners than those without snorkels."
-Abraham Lincoln

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode