Tire Options - Page 43 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 432 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinX View Post
265/75/16 with NO mods at all
(Might still rub a bit)

285/75/16 with the melt mod
(Super duper easy to do)

These are the tires Iím planning to get as well. (285ís)

Melt mod how to:

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how...s-fit-pbr.html
thank you so much for your time and effort in your response...
MartinX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 432 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 03:14 PM
TNX Realm Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bills View Post
Your question has been answered hundreds if not thousands of times on TheNewX.org and is not tire brand specific.

Generally speaking the largest tire you can fit with no modifications whatsoever will be LT265/75R16. If you are willing to do the "melt mod" you can fit LT285/75R16.* Anything larger requires a suspension lift and/or body lift and/or sheet metal work and/or wheel spacers, etc.

_____
* For discussions of the "melt mod" try the following Google search: Site:thenewx.org melt mod
thank you very much for your help, sorry not so tech savvy as some of you on here. Couldn't find the answer ..
post #423 of 432 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
2005 Red Brawn ❌terra Off Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyc View Post
thank you very much for your help, sorry not so tech savvy as some of you on here. Couldn't find the answer ..
Try this Google search: site:thenewx.org largest tire on stock xterra

post #424 of 432 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:52 PM
2006 Super Black Xterra S 4x4

Garage
@robbyc

Hilariously enough, right above your initial query sits the answer. With pics to boot!

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/69-bra...ml#post4233932
KaBoom likes this.
post #425 of 432 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 05:25 PM
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

1. Brand: Goodyear
2. Type: Durotrac Mud&Snow
3. Size: 285/75-16 (33")
4. Photo:
5. Where did you purchase this tire?: Local dealer
6. Price per tire?: $280, mounted & balanced
7. Were any modifications to your truck's height or wheel well made prior to the installation of these tires? Y/N: No
8. If so, what were they? (If applicable):
9. Your overall satisfaction with the tire on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best tire you've ever owned:[/QUOTE] Just put these on, but they are completely at home in deep mud, sand and highways. No noise, at 75 mph. They raised the truck 1.5" with no other change. Melt mod was all it took. I'll give them a 9.5.

Last edited by posrrr; 10-31-2018 at 05:28 PM.
post #426 of 432 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 02:06 PM
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off Road 6MT

Pathfinder Sport S AT

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tir...t-s-at/p/33396

Stay Away.

These came new when I bought my X. They were good the first winter. Not great but considering how dirt cheap they were.

Now the tires are a little worn, about 20K miles they are slick as snot when the pavement gets a little wet.

Previous owner/dealer put cheapo tires on, get what you pay for.
post #427 of 432 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:52 PM

1. Brand: FALKEN
2. Type: WILDPEAK AT3W
3. Size: 265 75 16
4. Photo:
5. Where did you purchase this tire?: AMERICAS TIRE
6. Price per tire?: ABOUT $590 INSTALLED
7. Were any modifications to your truck's height or wheel well made prior to the installation of these tires? Y/N: LEVEL 8 MK6 RIMS REQUIRED A MELT MOD FOR TIRES TO FIT
9. Your overall satisfaction with the tire on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best tire you've ever owned: SO FAR 10. Good value for the cost (Nearly 1K miles on them, holiday travels) yesterday was a good wet weather test. Driving in a heavy rain with wind gusts up to 50mph. The danger was from the wind gusts, not from tire traction and no sign or indication of hydroplaning
post #428 of 432 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:22 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2007 Red Brawn Xterra SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
1. Brand: FALKEN
2. Type: WILDPEAK AT3W
3. Size: 265 75 16
4. Photo:
5. Where did you purchase this tire?: AMERICAS TIRE
6. Price per tire?: ABOUT $590 INSTALLED
7. Were any modifications to your truck's height or wheel well made prior to the installation of these tires? Y/N: LEVEL 8 MK6 RIMS REQUIRED A MELT MOD FOR TIRES TO FIT
9. Your overall satisfaction with the tire on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best tire you've ever owned: SO FAR 10. Good value for the cost (Nearly 1K miles on them, holiday travels) yesterday was a good wet weather test. Driving in a heavy rain with wind gusts up to 50mph. The danger was from the wind gusts, not from tire traction and no sign or indication of hydroplaning
I'm looking to purchase the Falken's as well. Did you buy the P or LT rated version? I'm going back and forth and was wondering what your experience has been on/off road with whatever version you purchased.
post #429 of 432 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm182 View Post
I'm looking to purchase the Falken's as well. Did you buy the P or LT rated version? I'm going back and forth and was wondering what your experience has been on/off road with whatever version you purchased.
P vs LT is the difference in Load/Ply rating
SL/4 ply vs E/10 ply
tire weight and other differances too

I went with the P tire.
I never tow, do not carry heavy loads and do not need to air down so going with the LT tire would be a waste.

I cant speak for off-road as I don't really wheel but on-road in wet/slushy/snowy conditions it is an excellent tire.

In gravely/muddy roads it works well too. sheds gravel well, not to much mud buildup and I don't slide around getting up my driveway like I do in my tacoma or when my X had the old crappy tires. (I can crawl up my driveway, I don't need to build up speed like before)
post #430 of 432 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:12 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2007 Red Brawn Xterra SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm182 View Post
P vs LT is the difference in Load/Ply rating
SL/4 ply vs E/10 ply
tire weight and other differances too

I went with the P tire.
I never tow, do not carry heavy loads and do not need to air down so going with the LT tire would be a waste.

I cant speak for off-road as I don't really wheel but on-road in wet/slushy/snowy conditions it is an excellent tire.

In gravely/muddy roads it works well too. sheds gravel well, not to much mud buildup and I don't slide around getting up my driveway like I do in my tacoma or when my X had the old crappy tires. (I can crawl up my driveway, I don't need to build up speed like before)
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

2007 SE
Red

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in