7" or 8" Rim for 285/75/16 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By RikRong
  • 1 Post By RikRong
  • 1 Post By Discount Tire
  • 1 Post By ReddX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Xterra X

Garage
7" or 8" Rim for 285/75/16

I lifted my X a year ago (approx 2") with adjustable Bilstein 5100 shocks set at 1.5" and new coil springs and Bilstein 5125 shocks and shackles on the rear (new leaf springs are ordered), in anticipation of getting BFG T/A KO2s, 285/75/16 - BTW I'm very happy with these tires. I have a slight rub in the front, which I've read can be corrected by a melt mod. Recently my shop made the point that the tire is better suited to an 8" rim. I've narrowed it down to a Vision Warrior 375 rim, 16 x 8". When I posted the question on Amazon, the response was that they'd stick out 1.25" and that i might have to cut the fenders... I'm concerned about rubbing again, but I really don't want to cut the fenders. Thanking you in advance for any advise, suggestions or options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
What offset are the wheels? That's what will determine poke, more than wheel width. Tire will work fine on a 7", stock width wheel, but yes, are better suited to an 8" wheel.
ReddX likes this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SoCal Club Xterra -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Xterra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
What offset are the wheels? That's what will determine poke, more than wheel width. Tire will work fine on a 7", stock width wheel, but yes, are better suited to an 8" wheel.
Offset is 12mm, with 5" Back Spacing

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddX View Post
Offset is 12mm, with 5" Back Spacing
Stock offset is 30mm, so you're definitely going to move the lip of the wheel out about 3/4". That's not too bad, but I think you'll definitely need to do the melt mod and possibly take care of the pinch weld.
ReddX likes this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Xterra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong View Post
Stock offset is 30mm, so you're definitely going to move the lip of the wheel out about 3/4". That's not too bad, but I think you'll definitely need to do the melt mod and possibly take care of the pinch weld.
thank you
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:23 PM
AutoGuide Supporting Vendor

What you were told is correct, the 16x8 ET+12 Vision Warrior will sit 1.25" further out towards the fender when compared to where the factory wheel sits now.

The wheel will be flush with the fender so if you worried about it poking outside of the fender, it won't.
ReddX likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2008 Xterra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
What you were told is correct, the 16x8 ET+12 Vision Warrior will sit 1.25" further out towards the fender when compared to where the factory wheel sits now.

The wheel will be flush with the fender so if you worried about it poking outside of the fender, it won't.

thank you.
Discount Tire likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode