Wheel Spacers? Yes or No? - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:57 PM
2010 Avalanche White ❌terra S 4x4

Haha, no worries. I saw the video in your build thread, so I was well prepared But in all actuality, I knew what to expect because I was running spacers previously when I was on 32s. I removed them and sold them when I upgraded to 33's because I wasn't quite ready to do any trimming of the fenders. Once I realized just how little needed to be done (and even better once you shared your technique), coupled with removing the sway bars and wanting that wider track back, it was time to get another set and re-install them. It worked out perfectly that you were selling yours at the time. Thanks again!

And thanks for the compliments on my rig. I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along. The headlights are a brand new addition - I just finished them over the weekend. I'm not a huge fan of the Calmini bumper that I'm running today, mostly the looks. It's very rugged and protects the crap out of the front end, but it's a bit overkill for my liking. I actually have a Hefty Fabworks aluminum front bumper in production now with just the small prerunner style hoop. I'll be removing the Calmini and selling it off in about 2 months when the Hefty is done. That should help the whole thing look a little more "proportioned correctly," if you know what I mean.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Member - AKA Jyoung992
2015 Glacier White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFanaselle View Post
I actually purchased Albatross Cafe's BORA spacers after his T-swap and I LOVE them. As others have said, the more aggressive stance is a nice plus, but the added body panel protection is a major upside. I actually installed them because I wasn't too happy with the body roll after removing my front and rear sway bars, and figured the wider track would help a little in turns. Turns out I was right - there's still plenty of body roll, but the wider track keeps me glued to the road a little better, and I don't have to slow down to 25 mph for every turn on a mountain road anymore.

I'd say the biggest con for me is the additional mud that ends up on the side of your rig and the amount of water that gets thrown everywhere (even on your windshield) when driving through even a small puddle. My wife gets sick of getting mud on her pants every time she gets out of the X. Other than that, I have zero complaints. I did have to trim the rear corners of the fenders just a tiny bit in order to run them with 33" tires, but AlbatrossCafe has a simple method for this (it's not even trimming really, more like bending) in his build thread that only took me a few minutes per side.

A little off topic but are those headlights from Nisstec? I just ordered HID projectors from them and opted with the black housing. Didn't actually see a pic until seeing this and it looks more bad ass than I expected.

"Go as slow as possible, but as fast as necessary" - @Lizardking's life lessons

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

PSU Alumni
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
2010 Avalanche White ❌terra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyoung992 View Post
A little off topic but are those headlights from Nisstec? I just ordered HID projectors from them and opted with the black housing. Didn't actually see a pic until seeing this and it looks more bad ass than I expected.
I actually retrofitted them myself and painted them black in the process. I purchased a mini-H1 projector kit from HIDProjectors.com and used the "bake them in the oven" method to open up the headlights. Once opened, I used flat black paint on the trim bezel inside the housing, and used VHT Nite Shades (which is a transparent black paint designed for tail lights and what not) to give the reflectors a "black chrome" look. I also put a light coat of Nite Sades on the orange reflector along the edge of the lights. I'm happy with how it all came out.

You can see more info and better photos in this thread: What have you done for your Rig lately.

Click Here for >

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Senior Member - AKA Jyoung992
2015 Glacier White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFanaselle View Post
I actually retrofitted them myself and painted them black in the process. I purchased a mini-H1 projector kit from HIDProjectors.com and used the "bake them in the oven" method to open up the headlights. Once opened, I used flat black paint on the trim bezel inside the housing, and used VHT Nite Shades (which is a transparent black paint designed for tail lights and what not) to give the reflectors a "black chrome" look. I also put a light coat of Nite Sades on the orange reflector along the edge of the lights. I'm happy with how it all came out.

You can see more info and better photos in this thread: What have you done for your Rig lately.
Couldn't see your pics for some reason. Told me I wasn't permitted to view them or something? Weird. Regardless, it looks awesome! I'm excited for mine to come in after seeing yours. I like the shading of the reflectors inside the housing too. I've used Nite Shade plenty of times and I'm considering doing a light coat on my tails. My window tint is pretty dark though so I'm hesitant. My X is white as well so I love the black accent, you've got a sweet build going on!

"Go as slow as possible, but as fast as necessary" - @Lizardking's life lessons

|
|

PSU Alumni
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Noobie

I think so. can check this

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode