Wheel Spacers Overview: Hub/Lug/Wheel - Centric - Page 7 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 10:39 AM
2005 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Just to add to the knowledge base here....I bought these eBay 1.5" Hub Centric spacers about a month ago. Installed them a week ago and have put a couple hundred miles on them at speeds up to 85mph. NO vibrations or anything funny. Money well spent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-38mm-1-...72.m2749.l2649

Brand new to Xterra's and I'm loving it.
Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 AM
TNX Realm Noobie - AKA Grog
2008 Xterra X

Question The brand name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xterra1 View Post
Wow, this is a lot of information and I feel I have info overload. I purchased new wheels 16x8 6x4 114.3 with a +25mm offset. The retailer swore they would fit well... they don't. The calipers are in the way! So my question is, would a 1 inch spacer work? or do I need a 1.5 inch spacer? I have a 2010 S or SE or X (Not sure)
I was considering a similar rim to accomodate a slightly wider tire that stock but your post has me thinking. Can you tell me what brand or make and model the rims you bought are?

Grog the Canuck

Grog. In Canada
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:31 AM
TNX Realm Noobie - AKA Grog
2008 Xterra X

It's fascinating that so many young and enthusiastic owners are equipping their Xterras with spacers ranging from 1.5" to 3" - despite the fact that many who have them (and negative offset rims) are facing a variety of problems that started within a day, a week or a year of installing them. There are marketers and committed users who insist that spacer problems are all related to moronic installation by owners who aren't mechanically inclined. Some perhaps, but I have met more than a few competent backyard mechanics who own a variety of offroad and overland trucks and have faced similar or worse issues than those described in this forum. There is a raft of scientific information in SAE journals and European driving publications that explains the intricacies of steering and suspension geometry and the specific troubles that will eventually befall a machine when these systems are pushed beyond design parameters. It's all there in black and white for those motivated enough to do their own objective research.

I could write on this at length but I'd probably be banned for boring Xterrans into seizures yet each time I visit its a bit like deja vu all over again - you know the ending, it's something expensive and disheartening that no one wants to hear about. I am an ancient who's, perhaps, a bit too bothered by physics and math for this topic but it was my forty year old son who told me that "this is a era of incredible hype and instant gratification" and, while that may not be true, there certainly is an obsession with big spacers on many vehicle forums.

There are huge bucks to be made in bits of shiny billet these days and short-term gains in pleasure are still outrunning long-term pains to wallets... at least until the bills start coming due. So choose, but choose wisely,

Grog the Canuck

Last edited by Grog the Canuck; 11-06-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: speilling mustakes

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM
2006 Granite Xterra Off Road

ARP Studs

OK, I checked this entire sticky hoping to find some answers, really to address my MILD plan to use 1" spacers only, not wider. I need this for more stability at articulation moments (any little bit helps, my thought). I come with some road racing background and have used longer, stronger ARP studs with mild spacers, e.g. 1" or less, to address use of different sets of wheels/tires for tracking vs street. The longer ARPs go through the hub/wheel centric spacers straight to the wheels. This allows for the spacers to have consistent solid material with only the 6 holes drilled for the studs, as opposed to the usual spacers stated above with offset studs.

So, has anyone used this approach for wheeling/crawling? Interested to see if any drawbacks, because again I've used them in race conditions with no issues and address wheel bearings when needed.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode