Front Bumper Question ? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S
 
Blk11Xterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,450
Garage
Front Bumper Question ?

A while ago i ordered a front bumper, got it a month or so ago.....and first of all....it is Fantastic......beautifull work....
Now for my question...i got it with out a winch mount......if i were to one day get a winch....what is the procedure?

.
Posted via Mobile Device
Blk11Xterra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra SE
 
germandude890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk11Xterra View Post
A while ago i ordered a front bumper, got it a month or so ago.....and first of all....it is Fantastic......beautifull work....
Now for my question...i got it with out a winch mount......if i were to one day get a winch....what is the procedure?

.
Posted via Mobile Device
custom fab. or buy a new bumper.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
germandude890 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S
 
Blk11Xterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by germandude890 View Post
custom fab. or buy a new bumper.
Haaaa!!...not getting a new bumper!!.....but i dont know/do metal fab
Posted via Mobile Device
Blk11Xterra is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran
2011 Xterra Pro-4X
 
LI11X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk11Xterra View Post
A while ago i ordered a front bumper, got it a month or so ago.....and first of all....it is Fantastic......beautifull work....
Now for my question...i got it with out a winch mount......if i were to one day get a winch....what is the procedure?

.
Posted via Mobile Device
Trade bumpers with me. I'll give you my Shrock WITH winch mount.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LI11X; 12-02-2013 at 01:37 PM.
LI11X is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra SE
 
germandude890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk11Xterra View Post
Haaaa!!...not getting a new bumper!!.....but i dont know/do metal fab
Posted via Mobile Device
There really is no other option. You don't have a hitch in the front either so there is no way to mount a winch or mount a winch cradle.

The easiest fab would be to drill 4 holes in the front and cut out a rectangle for the fairlead. I'm not sure how your license plate recess affects that though.

Besides using duck tape... You would have to get a new bumper with integrated winch mount, be it buying a new on or trading with someone, or stealing one.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
germandude890 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran
2011 Knight Armour Xterra Pro-4X
 
Xterra_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 3,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by germandude890 View Post
The easiest fab would be to drill 4 holes in the front and cut out a rectangle for the fairlead. I'm not sure how your license plate recess affects that though.
I would imagine you would also need to add some extra support in as well to prevent the bumper bending or to distribute the loads.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Xterra_Brit is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra Off-Road 6MT
 
NOAHVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 2,306
Wait a minute... the Hefty front bumpers don't have a mount for a winch?
NOAHVT is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S
 
Blk11Xterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAHVT View Post
Wait a minute... the Hefty front bumpers don't have a mount for a winch?
Winch mount is an option......i choose no winch mount
Posted via Mobile Device
Blk11Xterra is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra SE
 
germandude890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xterra_Brit View Post
I would imagine you would also need to add some extra support in as well to prevent the bumper bending or to distribute the loads.
The main front plate is braced at least on the bottom, left, and right side. There would have to be a inch wide plate welded perpendicular to the top of the main plate.

Most bumpers have this or more (if not all). I don't think any more support will be needed. But can be added no problem for extra peace of mind.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
germandude890 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S
 
Blk11Xterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,450
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by germandude890 View Post
There really is no other option. You don't have a hitch in the front either so there is no way to mount a winch or mount a winch cradle.

The easiest fab would be to drill 4 holes in the front and cut out a rectangle for the fairlead. I'm not sure how your license plate recess affects that though.

Besides using duck tape... You would have to get a new bumper with integrated winch mount, be it buying a new on or trading with someone, or stealing one.
STEALING ONE!!!....BRILLIANT!!!....you got one?....where u live?.....u go to bed around 10-11 ?? No?
Posted via Mobile Device
Blk11Xterra is offline  
Reply

  Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > HEFTYFabWorks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome