Hefty Warranty - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road

Garage
Hefty Warranty

Has anyone had any issues with Hefty that they should cover under their warranty? I bought a bumper 8 months ago and it had the incorrect swing arm. The spare tire gets in the way of the hi-lift so it can't be mounted. After talking to Chris he said he was aware of it and fabricating a new one. I've tried to follow up with him every month or so and now can't get a response via email, phone, Facebook etc. Seems like Hefty has a decent reputation in this community which is why I went with them but getting the bumper I purchased is starting to seem questionable. Not sure where to go from here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (698.7 KB, 159 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kjswa; 10-10-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Caretaker of The Minion

2005 (w/a little 2010) === SE/OffRoad ❌=== EW3 Solar Yellow

Garage
that doesn't look like a hefty bumper/swing arm combo at all. No way Chris would use 4 bolts to just bolt a swing arm onto his bumper.
GPD605X likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-|-

on Instagram

(North Carolina Xterra Club)

(Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It definitely is a hefty product. Dual swing arm bumper, maybe it's a different design then the single arm? He just called me back and asked if I could remove and ship the arm back to him. Which is great news hopefully will get this issue resolved.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Caretaker of The Minion

Garage
ahhh...dual swing arm...that's pretty sweet! I'm still shocked that he's got the swing arm mount attached with 4 bolts tho, & not welded on. that doesn't seem to be his style ;-) curious...is there a metal backing plate on the backside of the bumper that the bolts attach to, rather than directly to the bumper itself?

glad to hear Chris got back to ya too ;-)
chaunce99 likes this.

-|-

on Instagram

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not sure will look when I get home Wednesday. Hopefully it'll come apart without to much of a fight

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 03:15 PM
2013 Cayenne Red Xterra S

I'm working from memory, but a friend has the newest style Hefty rear bumper (NOT the one on the website or Nisstec). It's designed to be modular and I believe it's using 4 bolts for the single, full length, swing arm. The tire stem is also bolted on so you can swap out for different bolt patterns and depths and the tire stem can also be adjusted for height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSX2 View Post
ahhh...dual swing arm...that's pretty sweet! I'm still shocked that he's got the swing arm mount attached with 4 bolts tho, & not welded on. that doesn't seem to be his style ;-) curious...is there a metal backing plate on the backside of the bumper that the bolts attach to, rather than directly to the bumper itself?

glad to hear Chris got back to ya too ;-)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 03:21 PM
Caretaker of The Minion

Garage
Well, I'll be d*mned! LOL. I wouldn't think the bumper metal would support the weight of a loaded swing arm using by using only 4 bolts for too long

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2
chaunce99 likes this.

-|-

on Instagram

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 03:55 PM
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I also got the new Hefty rear bumper design a couple months ago, and as it's shipped, the hi-lift will not mount without redrilling the license plate mount holes because the license plate will cover the hole the foot of the hi-lift will slot into. Also, with the new tire carrier, the stem is very difficult to tighten and even after tightening it as much as possible, still wobbles like crazy.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:32 PM
2013 Cayenne Red Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSX2 View Post
Well, I'll be d*mned! LOL. I wouldn't think the bumper metal would support the weight of a loaded swing arm using by using only 4 bolts for too long
The effectiveness remains to be seen. Like Rkirby said, there seems to be a lot of play in the new swing arm design. Whether it's the mount or the stem or something else, I can't say. My friend brought it to Chris Heftys attention and last I heard he was getting a better bump stop for the swing arm.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update, shipped Hefty the swing arm 4 weeks ago for what was supposed to be a 1 week turn around warranty fix. At least he answers the phone and returns messages now. Although very little of what he says turns out to be reliable. Still no idea when it might be shipped. Placed the order for the bumper 9 months ago now.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > HEFTYFabWorks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode