Hefty Warranty - Page 3 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Supporting Member
2015 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples491 View Post
I know plenty of people running Hefty products on their trucks. I have their aluminum skid plates on my truck and will eventually get their aluminum front bumper. I have nothing but good things to say about their craftsmanship or quality and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their other products.. In the case of this new rear bumper, it's designed to make fabrication easier for multiple models of truck/different configurations and, IMO, the design has got some flaws.

It's your choice, of course, but I wouldn't let a new, boldly designed but flawed rear bumper stop you from buying the rest of their solid product line.
Thanks Apples,

I've also heard great things about the quality of their other products. It was more the lack of communication/customer service that I was worried about if there are/were any problems. Living here in Canada, I would have to deal with border crossings/customs/brokerage if I had to send anything back.

I will more than likely still go ahead with their aluminum front bumper,...just have to hope/wait for our dollar to go up. Haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodragon4x View Post
Thanks Apples,

I've also heard great things about the quality of their other products. It was more the lack of communication/customer service that I was worried about if there are/were any problems. Living here in Canada, I would have to deal with border crossings/customs/brokerage if I had to send anything back.

I will more than likely still go ahead with their aluminum front bumper,...just have to hope/wait for our dollar to go up. Haha.
I have the rear bumper. I was in need of a rear bumper after someone rear ended me, Shrock told me to wait, Chris said he had an extra around the shop he could complete and send over. I had it 3 weeks later. He even let me only put down 1/4 of the payment waiting for the insurance check. I had great CS with Chris.

I also happen to have one of those "Problem Powdercoat Bumpers" (same bumper he sent me). Yeah it was unfortunate, but, Chris owned up to it in a thread here and got a new powdercoater to take care of his bumpers. Sucks for me, but he also made a public apology on the forum and remedied the situation for future purchasers. That is much better than some of the other custom fab providers have done in our little niche market.

Chris always got back to me in a timely manner, I called him on his powdercoat color once and heard back that afternoon. It's unfortunate to see the fab issues with the current bumper, but I wouldn't expect that to go unresolved for long based on my previous experience with him.
prodragon4x likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamX View Post
I have the rear bumper. I was in need of a rear bumper after someone rear ended me, Shrock told me to wait, Chris said he had an extra around the shop he could complete and send over. I had it 3 weeks later. He even let me only put down 1/4 of the payment waiting for the insurance check. I had great CS with Chris.

I also happen to have one of those "Problem Powdercoat Bumpers" (same bumper he sent me). Yeah it was unfortunate, but, Chris owned up to it in a thread here and got a new powdercoater to take care of his bumpers. Sucks for me, but he also made a public apology on the forum and remedied the situation for future purchasers. That is much better than some of the other custom fab providers have done in our little niche market.

Chris always got back to me in a timely manner, I called him on his powdercoat color once and heard back that afternoon. It's unfortunate to see the fab issues with the current bumper, but I wouldn't expect that to go unresolved for long based on my previous experience with him.
I've got hefty sliders & aluminum skids which have been fine. Bumper is great now that it's fixed, powder coat isn't the best but I was expecting that. Glad to hear that someone received some timely customer support! I want to order a tube bumper from Chris but I have no desire to repeat the months long process of calling & emailing constantly to deal with correcting a mistake if one were to occur.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > HEFTYFabWorks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode