Hefty Warranty - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:10 PM
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

I'll chime in again since we both have the same new swing arm design. I had one of the bolts that holds the stem on shear off tonight as I was driving along. This new design is extremely wobbly and verges on unsafe when when hitting any potholes or bumps. I'll be sending Hefty an email tonight as well as following up with a phone call tomorrow as it seems their communication & ability to follow through with their promises has dropped off a cliff. I ordered the rotopax adapter plate that's supposed to bolt onto the swing arm when I ordered the bumper back in January and I've yet to see it show up after months of "it's going to ship tomorrow". Attached is a picture of their new design and the bolt that sheared off, and since it's a blind bolt that's been welded into the stem and boxed off, it's not something that can be replaced without a lot of grinding, cutting, and rewelding... not impressed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road

Garage
I got the correct swing arm in NOV and it's on and working at advertised. Not super impressed with the durability it doesn't seem very stout. Was touching up my sliders yesterday and after a few uses they appear to have touched the rocker panel a few times. I'm not calling Hefty cause I'm done dealing with Chris. Won't be buying anything from him again.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkirby51 View Post
I'll chime in again since we both have the same new swing arm design. I had one of the bolts that holds the stem on shear off tonight as I was driving along. This new design is extremely wobbly and verges on unsafe when when hitting any potholes or bumps. I'll be sending Hefty an email tonight as well as following up with a phone call tomorrow as it seems their communication & ability to follow through with their promises has dropped off a cliff. I ordered the rotopax adapter plate that's supposed to bolt onto the swing arm when I ordered the bumper back in January and I've yet to see it show up after months of "it's going to ship tomorrow". Attached is a picture of their new design and the bolt that sheared off, and since it's a blind bolt that's been welded into the stem and boxed off, it's not something that can be replaced without a lot of grinding, cutting, and rewelding... not impressed.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the frustration will continue for the foreseeable future. Keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:12 PM
Veteran
2006 Midnight Blue Xterra S

Well this is unfortunate. Is this only a dual sing arm flaw?

Click Here for >
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Damn! Did the tire fall off in the middle of the road?

Support small businesses that support us! -

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamX View Post
Well this is unfortunate. Is this only a dual sing arm flaw?

The incorrect swing arm length was a mistake they made in fabrication and took months to fix. RKirby51's issue looks like a design problem with their new bumper. Not sure if he has the dual swing arm. Mine is.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 10:13 PM
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Mine is the new single swing arm, I heard a loud ping and then the bolt bounced off the back hatch, there is a cross bolt that managed to hold everything on but the whole assembly bounced all over the place at the slightest bump in the road. I ended up sending Chris a pretty lengthy e-mail explaining what happened and asked why the features advertised on the bumper aren't actually functional, like the hi-lift jack not fitting in the provided slot, and the rotopax mounting plate that I never received, he simply responded that he contacted his office people to send one out the next day. I waited until around 4 pm the next day to see if I would get a tracking number, I did not, so I gave them a call and the lady that answered had no idea what I was talking about but said she would make sure one was sent out that day, which she did (surprisingly).
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkirby51 View Post
Mine is the new single swing arm, I heard a loud ping and then the bolt bounced off the back hatch, there is a cross bolt that managed to hold everything on but the whole assembly bounced all over the place at the slightest bump in the road. I ended up sending Chris a pretty lengthy e-mail explaining what happened and asked why the features advertised on the bumper aren't actually functional, like the hi-lift jack not fitting in the provided slot, and the rotopax mounting plate that I never received, he simply responded that he contacted his office people to send one out the next day. I waited until around 4 pm the next day to see if I would get a tracking number, I did not, so I gave them a call and the lady that answered had no idea what I was talking about but said she would make sure one was sent out that day, which she did (surprisingly).
Where you able to get this fixed?

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Supporting Member
2015 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
reading all this is making start to think twice about ordering anything from Hefty. That's unfortunate as I was really hoping to get their aluminum front bumper.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM
2013 Cayenne Red Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodragon4x View Post
reading all this is making start to think twice about ordering anything from Hefty. That's unfortunate as I was really hoping to get their aluminum front bumper.
I know plenty of people running Hefty products on their trucks. I have their aluminum skid plates on my truck and will eventually get their aluminum front bumper. I have nothing but good things to say about their craftsmanship or quality and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their other products.. In the case of this new rear bumper, it's designed to make fabrication easier for multiple models of truck/different configurations and, IMO, the design has got some flaws.

It's your choice, of course, but I wouldn't let a new, boldly designed but flawed rear bumper stop you from buying the rest of their solid product line.
Dyno992 likes this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > HEFTYFabWorks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode