Hefty Email Virus!?!?!??! - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Veteran
2006 Orangemen Edition; Off-Road Est. 2013; T.S. Est. 2014; 100% Locked Est. 2015

From their FB:
"If you received an email from us entitled "INVOICE FOR YOUR REVIEW" please do not open the link in the email. Our email server was compromised. We have taken all precautions against such attach but they made it though our security. We take the security of our customer information very seriously. No other customer information was compromised and all security protocols have been reinforced. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FYI: We will never send emails asking for personal information or with links requiring you to enter your personal passwords and email addresses, CC info, SSN, or any other information. If you receive an email like this please contact our office immediately so that we can deal with the situation."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~~~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~~~~~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Noobie
2007 Xterra S 4x4

Me to. Figured this would be the place to check on it's validity.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Veteran
2008 Avalanche White Xterra Off Road T-Swap

Garage
Got it too. Knew something was up since I havnt ordered from them in about 9 months and the last time I spoke to Chris, he didnt speak broken english.

Zip Tie Technician

My Build >The Material Girl

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Im guessing everyone who bought from Hefty got it, bc I got it to

2008 S Black R.I.P

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Veteran
2011 Knight Armour Xterra Pro-4X

I haven't got it.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Veteran
2008 Avalanche White Xterra Off Road T-Swap

Garage
I talked to Chris before I saw this and he said it appears they got every email address that theyve dealt with in the last 5 years or so.

No other info was lost though.

Zip Tie Technician

My Build >The Material Girl
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Veteran
2012 Night Armor Xterra S

Damn spammers. Just a ploy to get your user name and password. Good thing I didn't fall for it.

Growing Old is Mandatory...Growing Up is Not!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > HEFTYFabWorks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode