Rugged Rocks is Not Closing Down - But SteeevO is taking some Down Time... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
NewXer 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Unhappy Rugged Rocks is Not Closing Down - But SteeevO is taking some Down Time...

Heard from a buddy of mine on NPORA that Steven has closed down Rugged Rocks and see the same on their instagram. I don't know the details.

I am sad to see them go as my preferred vendor. Steven put lots of effort into developing new things for us Nissan enthusiasts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
Heard from a buddy of mine on NPORA that Steven has closed down Rugged Rocks and see the same on their instagram. I don't know the details.

I am sad to see them go as my preferred vendor. Steven put lots of effort into developing new things for us Nissan enthusiasts.
you sure....? cus his site has nothing on it, nor FB?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
That is a crying shame if it's true. I got my lift from him and unlike other vendors in the Nissan realm he was quick and painless. My general plan for the future was if he had it and I needed it, I'd go with him.

@SteeevO are you here to confirm or douse any rumors?

2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X - 6 MT
Check out my:

-
-

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:39 PM
KC
Member - AKA Neptune
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmapper View Post
That is a crying shame if it's true. I got my lift from him and unlike other vendors in the Nissan realm he was quick and painless. My general plan for the future was if he had it and I needed it, I'd go with him.

@SteeevO are you here to confirm or douse any rumors?
Well crap.... I haven’t interacted with Steven or purchased anything from RR but from all the previous posts I’ve heard is that he’s a great guy! Sad to see a reliable and reputable vendor leave especially since we already are limited on retailers and vendors for the X! Thanks for your great work though Steven!

Last edited by KC; 03-24-2019 at 05:42 PM.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off Road

Well I was kicking around the idea for a first gen frontier trugy build but not anymore cus there goes the gears, D44/D60 is an option but everything will be custom

-IG-x.treks- "No one can deny the pure flex of Un4seen4" - AlbatrossCafe
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Silver Lightning ❌terra S

This is going to hurt the Nissan community a decent amount, though I hope someone will fill the void. At this point I wish I hadnt traded my re-geared diffs for stock geared ones for the sake of a Ford 9 inch rear. Cue rig for sale ad, haha. In all seriousness I hope that this is the correct move for Steven and that hell be happy with the future.
Un4seen4 and PhullD like this.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:03 PM
2006 Solar Yellow Xterra OR

Garage
Hate to hear this, Steven is a stand-up dude. He offered all the help and knowledge he could give in the times that I've called him.
dixie1865 likes this.

Click Here for >
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2005 Silver Lightning ❌terra S

Well in my panic to see if I could get gears still I emailed Steven and got this in return.
NOAHVT likes this.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:29 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Well that sucks. Our vendors are already limited. Hoped to have got 4.10gears for my m205/m226 and the better alternator but I guess that won't happen now.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.), Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)
OverlandBound member #16797 "Adventr-X" Adventure is necessary.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Anyone know why?

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > Rugged Rocks Off Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode