Feedback: Rugged Rocks Off Road - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Sorry heres the correct link https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Good to hear. Most of our vendors are great on the "being friendly and knowledgeable" side of things, but the key is will RuggedRocks be a bit more practiced when it comes to shipping things promptly, being available for calls, being transparent about order updates, etc.

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Mods first - life later."
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2015 Silver Lhtg ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT & 2007 Avalanche White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
Agreed, rugged rocks is awesome! I have nothing but great things to say about them. Steven has been a great source to the Nissan community for many years now, especially with gears and lockers. I doubt we’d have many options (if any) without him.

- J.J. Watt
”You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”

and

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 02:56 AM
Noobie
2010 Xterra Titan Swapped S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeevO View Post
I remember this.. honestly.. this sucked and was really embarrassing. I believe I apologized and explained to you how embarrassing this was as well. Usually when I order a part that's on backorder, I get notified from the vendor ..which didn't happen in this case, and I'm sorry for not being more on top of this one.
As far as the phone goes, if you call and get the voicemail.. please leave a message. I do go through my messages and I do call people back.
In the end, you and I both deserve to be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt View Post
I've through the years I've ordered parts over the phone or through his website. Steve has never disappointed me and promptly returns any phone messages I've left. I truly believe he cares a lot about the customer and his business. He's a genuine guy that seems to always try and do the right thing in the end. Can't say enough good about him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip371 View Post
If you have ever been disappointed in the service you've received from one of several well known vendors///check out ruggedrocks.com.
I just ordered a high output alternator and had the pleasure of having a lenghty conversation with the owner-Steve. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Great service! Quick turnaround.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM1RU View Post
I have literally spent hours on the phone with Steve picking his brain, discussing new items, and asking for advice. Most of the time it was just in prep to purchase. He still gave me his time and advice.
I really can't say enough about my experience with Steve and Rugged Rocks.
Communications is first rate. Service is too.
From initial contact and product inquires to email confirmations, tracking information, and follow up emails, his service and support is top notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
Good to hear. Most of our vendors are great on the "being friendly and knowledgeable" side of things, but the key is will RuggedRocks be a bit more practiced when it comes to shipping things promptly, being available for calls, being transparent about order updates, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsexton View Post
Agreed, rugged rocks is awesome! I have nothing but great things to say about them. Steven has been a great source to the Nissan community for many years now, especially with gears and lockers. I doubt we’d have many options (if any) without him.

My version of Rugged Rocks service:

I ordered a pair of Dirtking UCAS and extended brakelines (titanswap) from ruggedrocks for 743$ on the 7th of jan 2018 .
The amount of which was claimed by the seller on the 10th of Jan 2018.

Its been more than 10 days since ive been trying to get in touch with Steve without ANY success as my order still shows as pending on the site.
I've used the contact page, the mail addresses on the site and even the voicemail in which he and others on this thread claim to respond to all messages.
But there hasn't been a single response to any of my queries.
Is it too much to ask whats going on with my order and whether or not it can be fulfilled soon?
Even my mail for cancelling the order has gone unanswered.

I am based in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and use a US mailbox for forwarding my purchases.
This means it takes a lot more time for any US purchase to reach me. (this too has been mentioned to the seller)

I placed my order after reading this very thread and was confident about the quality of service and delivery times.

But if a seller refuses to update a buyer about their pending order and even a subsequent refund request after more than 10 days I dont know what to say.

Now it looks like ive lost 743$ and now have to file a dispute claim with my bank and pray i get my money back after 2 or 3 months.
I dont know about you folks but 743$ is a big amount for someone like me.
Had i used paypal i could have immediately claimed it back but thats not the case here.

I have dealt with many other single owner one-man-show-businesses but have never faced a situation as ridiculous as this. Even shady seeming chinese dealers with crappy websites have been more forthcoming.

So yeah, my experience has negated all the good things you've mentioned on this thread.
I hope the admins here take note and post an alert or something so that others don't face the same problem.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > TNX Community Support Vendors > Rugged Rocks Off Road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode