Spring and the Return of Stupidity on our Public Lands - Page 8 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:14 PM
2012 Lava Red Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeolJon View Post
Maybe the park service should hire somebody to make a bot to search through social media feeds whenever something like this happens

I'm sure my colleagues at Capitol Reef are scoring social media for the person responsible. We currently do this manually, but a bit, now that's a good idea.

Keep on keepin' on!
Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Or Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyoc View Post
I'm sure my colleagues at Capitol Reef are scoring social media for the person responsible. We currently do this manually, but a bit, now that's a good idea.
I also sent @publiclandshateyou some screenshots of the forum post, the downloaded image, and a link to the news story. We'll get the SoB.
scoyoc likes this.

R. Long
Build Thread-->

SoCal Club Xterra -->
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
And another fine example of people that should be banned from public lands:
http://kutv.com/news/local/vandals-d...n-central-utah

"It is the natural and legitimate ambition of a properly constituted geologist to see a glacier, witness an eruption, and feel an earthquake." -G.K. Gilbert

post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Why tho? Like.... why? What does destroying those do for anyone? I will never understand..............

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Brilliant Silver ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
Why tho? Like.... why? What does destroying those do for anyone? I will never understand..............
They are the same turds that are willing to deface any other public thing you can think of. I wish like crazy that in this upside down country of ours the punishment would fit the crime. We give near life sentences to people who smoke a joint, 13 months to billionaires who sex traffic teenage girls, probation to drunk drivers who have altered the lives of families multiple times, and barely a mention to those who destroy (sometimes forever) the archaeological and geological history of our country.

I'm beginning to think an eye for eye is a pretty good deal.... but I'm also getting old and crotchety.
scoyoc likes this.

and

Everything happens for a reason .... Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Land Use Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode