Nissan Xterra Could Make a Comeback - Page 17 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 10:19 PM
2007 Xterra SE 2wd

The Terra is an over seas market truck.

If, and I think more of a when, Nissan brings out the 3rd Xterra is wouldn't cost THAT much to develop. There also seems to be a bit of a resurgence in the manly truck frame midsized SUV market. Toyota sells a but load of 4Runners and we all know how well the Wrangler sells especially in 4 door style. It would definitely be based on the next Frontier and most likely rear leaf spring to keep cost down. I would prefer rear coils myself. Also to keep cost down don't expect any exotic powertrain combinations. It would have to utilize the same engine/trans combinations as the Frontier. Don't expect a diesel unless the Frontier gets one. A Pro4X diesel/manual transmission would be pretty badass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Noobie

hope it happens
post #163 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 PM
2012 Brilliant Silver Xterra S 4x4 5AT

Garage
https://suvtrend.com/nissan/2021-nissan-xterra/ Posted today. Thoughts?

2012 Nissan Xterra S 4x4 5AT ★ Brilliant Silver ★

post #164 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:41 PM
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmac24 View Post
Clickbait it looks like. Terrible spelling/grammar and 2014 was not the last year, 2015 was for the Xterra, however the Patrol was still being offered over in Australia. The pictures are of the Chinese market Terra which is an anemic SUV version of the Navara. It would be too big to be an Xterra, maybe the next Pathfinder if they put a decent drivetrain and engine in it as well as some Offroad goodies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #165 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

China clickbait. I won't even bother at this point with any article unless it has Nissan's official seal behind it
PhullD, Mmac24 and skoozin like this.

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #166 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Member - AKA Derek Moose Musciano
2006 Xterra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullD View Post
Clickbait it looks like. Terrible spelling/grammar and 2014 was not the last year, 2015 was for the Xterra
I'm not saying this article looks extremely reliable but model years come out 1 year ahead of time so the last new Xterra did debut in 2014. Plenty of articles refer to 2014 as the final year the Xterra was produced and there has been speculation about the Terra for a while so I'm going to stay hopeful it returns soon with all the capability we have come to know and love.

Northern by birth, Southern by choice
post #167 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 PM
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAX View Post
I'm not saying this article looks extremely reliable but model years come out 1 year ahead of time so the last new Xterra did debut in 2014. Plenty of articles refer to 2014 as the final year the Xterra was produced and there has been speculation about the Terra for a while so I'm going to stay hopeful it returns soon with all the capability we have come to know and love.
Incorrect, I ordered mine in June of 2015. It rolled off the factory in August 2015, and I took delivery on the 12th of August. 2015 was the last production run.
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

post #168 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Supporting Member
2005 Xterra SE 4x4

Garage
New X

With the recent revamp of the Titan, and nothing new in the way of a new Frontier at this time, i find it highly unlikely a suitable successor for the X would be on Nissan's radar at this time. But, take a note from Chevy, it could be a decade or more and they could suddenly decide to bring back a popular model from the past.

2005 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4 235k miles and not an end in site!
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom 34k miles
James 1:2-4
post #169 of 175 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:41 PM
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
With the recent revamp of the Titan, and nothing new in the way of a new Frontier at this time, i find it highly unlikely a suitable successor for the X would be on Nissan's radar at this time. But, take a note from Chevy, it could be a decade or more and they could suddenly decide to bring back a popular model from the past.
If you mean the Blazer, that thing is more of an abomination to the name than the current Pathfinders.

post #170 of 175 (permalink) Old Today, 09:50 AM
Noobie - AKA x4mtb
2006 Granite Xterra Off Road

The new Xterra needs to be a niche SUV for Nissan, built for off-road as primary goal, the market and aftermarket are there. Forget 3-row seating and other auto-sensing driver aids. Would be great if it comes with height adjustable suspension, underbody cams, armor, GPS units,.... Also would not mind if it's hybrid, conserving some of that fossil fuel. Nothing wrong with hoping for a good comeback

Last edited by X4dblduty; Today at 09:53 AM.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Xterra News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in