Klainmeister - Big Red X meets Little Red X - Page 6 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra OR ... SOLD!

Cool set-up and congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 01:02 AM
2015 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Very nice setup!
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2007 Red Braun ❌terra S

Going through some pics for a photo album and came across this one. Storms were moving in and needed to get some good cover:

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2007 Red Braun ❌terra S

Well, off-road trailer broke my hitch, so I cut that sucker off and welded on a WAM rear multi-carrier bumper.

Added snorkel for no other reason than why not?

Built a Hakima rack from u-bolts and half channel Unistrut, which I mounted upside down to accommodate the 2.5" foot height of the Yakima Skyrise 2 tent. Super stable platform that now really kicks ass.

Here's the maiden voyage since the mods:

and above Valley of the Gods:

At 120k on the odo and still runs like new!

Click Here for >

post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Love those pics. Made the bottom one my background haha. I think the stock front bumper can look really good sometimes. I like how yours is with the integrated winch. Occasionally I look at my front bumper and think "eh, it's a little overkill".
13ADVX likes this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2007 Red Braun ❌terra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
Love those pics. Made the bottom one my background haha. I think the stock front bumper can look really good sometimes. I like how yours is with the integrated winch. Occasionally I look at my front bumper and think "eh, it's a little overkill".
It's been a slow process, but I still am trying to keep things as 'tucked' as possible. Before the RTT and Hella 500s, I was still getting 18mpg town, 21mpg highway. They dropped it to 16-18mpg range. Not horrible, thankfully. Trying to avoid the overkill feeling!

I appreciate the compliment though, glad you dig!
AlbatrossCafe likes this.

Click Here for >

post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by klainmeister View Post
It's been a slow process, but I still am trying to keep things as 'tucked' as possible. Before the RTT and Hella 500s, I was still getting 18mpg town, 21mpg highway. They dropped it to 16-18mpg range. Not horrible, thankfully. Trying to avoid the overkill feeling!

I appreciate the compliment though, glad you dig!
Even with mud terrains...? That's pretty good. I would be SUPER happy if that was my experience.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2007 Red Braun ❌terra S

Yeah, we call it the Magic-X because of it. My brother inlaw has a Pro4x Fronty that gets about 14-16mpg at best. I think the manual tranny really helps.

Click Here for >

post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2007 Red Braun ❌terra S

Snorkel works!

IM1RU and Snoozy like this.

Click Here for >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode