Adventure_X Ongoing Build - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Adventure_X Ongoing Build

Intro Comments: A little history - Hello, I am a new member to the Xterra community, this is my second car and I have had her for about a year. Since I have decided that I am going to keep this vehicle for a long time, I want to start turning her into a capable overland vehicle. The second purpose of this thread is to keep an online record of the mods going into this vehicle. Enjoy!

Instagram: Silver_Shenanigans

Username: Adventure_X

Xterra Nickname: Adventure_X

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Silver Lightning

MODS

Suspension:
Full OME kit 2" front 3" back

Rims and Tires:
BFG KO2
Level 8 MK6 16"

Interior:
Custom leather interior
DIY LOBO rack
Starting Morale patch collection
TYT 9800 ham radio

Exterior:
Auxbeam hood lights (removed)
Extreme led 22" light bar
Removed mud flaps
Amber strobes
Diamond ham antenna

Performance:
Nismo cold air intake
Dynomax cat back exhaust
Radiator replacement to prevent SMOD

Armor:
ARB front bumper
balls of steel

PHOTOS

I am just now starting this thread so I will update it as I go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181002_181102.jpg (34.3 KB, 18 views)
TerryD and BlackbirdSR71 like this.

Last edited by Adventure_X; Today at 02:02 PM.
Adventure_X is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Veteran
2012 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X
 
importpower99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Fogelsville, PA
Posts: 584
Nice! Get that suspension installed already lol!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
importpower99 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Installed the suspension a while ago, everything went smooth. My next project is my ARB bumper install, I picked it up from Nisstec today and will install it this weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190412_172008_HDR.jpg (93.1 KB, 12 views)
Adventure_X is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Apparently it has been a while because I forgot to mention that I also did the drivers two cats and a cat-back dynomax exhaust. It sounds as it should have from the factory, aggressive but it doesn't drone on the highway. I am a little disappointed though because it has only been about three months and the welds on the muffler have started to get surface rust as well as the included exhaust clamps, other than that I am very happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190113_120649.jpg (68.9 KB, 13 views)
Adventure_X is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Just finished the ARB bumper install, I used a sawzall to cut the front bumper and inner fender liners, the cuts came out clean enough for me to be happy. It was a reasonably easy install and the extra weight of the front bumper helps out to massively reduce the stiff ride of my OME suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190413_155257.jpg (82.9 KB, 23 views)
Adventure_X is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:33 AM
TNX Realm Noobie
2013 Glacier White Xterra S
 
Charlie_Roam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure_X View Post
Just finished the ARB bumper install, I used a sawzall to cut the front bumper and inner fender liners, the cuts came out clean enough for me to be happy. It was a reasonably easy install and the extra weight of the front bumper helps out to massively reduce the stiff ride of my OME suspension.


Lookin good. I like those hood lights, did you have to drill through the exterior of the hood or is there a way to mount from underneath?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Charlie_Roam is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Roam View Post
Lookin good. I like those hood lights, did you have to drill through the exterior of the hood or is there a way to mount from underneath?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I didn't have to drill through my hood to mount them, I used antenna mounts of amazon for about $10 a piece and they clamp to the edge of the hood. Overall they have been sturdy and have never been moved by hitting them with a ice scraper or going off road. If you get them, the mounting and positioning bolts they use are not stainless and you should replace them off the bat to prevent future problems. The only down side I have found is that when I park in my schools parking lot apparently it is tempting for a$$ holes to grab them and bend them down till they face the hood (it has probably happened eight times in less than a year) it causes no damage but it means you have to re-aim the light which gets old quick. These are the mounts should you decide to look into them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180521_163405.jpg (43.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20180521_163351.jpg (48.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20180521_163434.jpg (45.9 KB, 12 views)
Adventure_X is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:09 PM
TNX Realm Noobie
2013 Glacier White Xterra S
 
Charlie_Roam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure_X View Post
No I didn't have to drill through my hood to mount them, I used antenna mounts of amazon for about $10 a piece and they clamp to the edge of the hood. Overall they have been sturdy and have never been moved by hitting them with a ice scraper or going off road. If you get them, the mounting and positioning bolts they use are not stainless and you should replace them off the bat to prevent future problems. The only down side I have found is that when I park in my schools parking lot apparently it is tempting for a$$ holes to grab them and bend them down till they face the hood (it has probably happened eight times in less than a year) it causes no damage but it means you have to re-aim the light which gets old quick. These are the mounts should you decide to look into them.


Thatís pretty nice, I appreciate the details. I need to decide if I want to go that route or just mount them on my bumper. I think they do look a little cooler on the hood


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adventure_X likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Charlie_Roam is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Veteran
2014 Silver Lightning Xterra S 4x4
 
Just a Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 996
Garage
If your x happens to be an automatic, please include a radiator swap into your mod list.

If your unfamiliar why I'm making this suggestion, please become familiar with smod.

Links can be found in the powertrain topic.

ďAll that the South has ever desired was that the Union as established by our forefathers should be preserved and that the government as originally organized should be administered in purity and truth.Ē
Robert E. Lee
Just a Hunter is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
TNX Realm Noobie
2005 Silver Lightning Xterra SE
 
Adventure_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 35
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter View Post
If your x happens to be an automatic, please include a radiator swap into your mod list.

If your unfamiliar why I'm making this suggestion, please become familiar with smod.

Links can be found in the powertrain topic.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had that done for me when I bought the X, I will add it to the list.
Just a Hunter likes this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventure_X is offline  
Reply

  Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome