PebblePimp's Unnamed Boring Build - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By PebblePimp
  • 3 Post By PebblePimp
  • 1 Post By PebblePimp
  • 1 Post By PebblePimp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
2005 Avalanche White Xterra S 6MT

PebblePimp's Unnamed Boring Build

Intro Comments: I bought this truck as a daily driver. I travel a lot for work, so I drive mostly state highways. I do drive many rough country dirt & lease roads getting to drilling rig locations.

Username: PebblePimp

Xterra's Nickname: Haven't thought of a good one, yet - But so far, I'm referring to her as "Xterra Patrick"

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: S 6MT
Color: Avalanche White

MODS

Current Mods:
265/75R16 Toyo Open Country A/T upsized from 265/70/16
Kenwood DDX25BT head unit
Removed mud flaps

Future Mods:
Fuel Level Sensor
Carhartt seatcovers
OME lift kit
PRG short throw shifter
Volant CAI/powercore filter
Exhaust of some kind
Hefty aluminum bumper (even little critters & tumbleweeds will destroy plastic ones)
Hep's roof rack or Raingler Roof net (won't be used often, but will be used.
LED light bar/hood blackout (will come in very useful for a variety of reasons)
Painted grill
17" wheels
TBD

Comments (Cont'd): A 4x4 is pretty much a requirement to get where I need to go. Also, I'm an avid hunter & driving across a pasture or field to load up quarry/gear is a regular occurrence. After my Land Rover Disco I died, I decided on another SUV vs a pickup. The 2nd gen Xterras really caught my eye & I found this one for a good price as it needed a few issues fixed (see future projects list) that are pretty minor. I'm loving it. I've owned nothing but trucks since I was 16. This is my 3rd SUV, and my 2nd favorite (still a Rover boy at heart). The future mods aren't going to be super-wicked-awesome-sauce, but will be practical with a little coolness. We all want a nice looking truck, right?

It won't be the baddest X on the trail, but she'll still get good mileage & a comfortable ride.

PHOTOS

The Day I Got Her;

New Tires;

Raingler likes this.

Hold my Coconut Water and Watch this...

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PebblePimp; 09-03-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Updated plans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Just installed my new head unit. I should've read more threads about installing a double DIN receiver before wasting my time looking for a dash kit/antennae adapter. Didn't need either. Had it done in less than an hour, at night, with the map lights. It would've been a little over 30 minutes, but... I forgot about the microphone. I'll tie everything off tomorrow in the daylight. I have the wires all ran nicely, just need to secure them.

Also, still debating on where to run the USB cable. I just have it coming from behind the forward part of the center console on the driver's side. I'm not sure how I want to run it, yet.
TerryD, Kilo Sierra and TurboChris like this.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 07:32 AM
2012 Xterra X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblePimp View Post

Also, still debating on where to run the USB cable. I just have it coming from behind the forward part of the center console on the driver's side. I'm not sure how I want to run it, yet.
Do you have two power outlets in the passenger side, center of dash or just one? My X came with just one, I put the USB for my radio in an Marine grade plug I got of Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousaited View Post
Do you have two power outlets in the passenger side, center of dash or just one? My X came with just one, I put the USB for my radio in an Marine grade plug I got of Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have 2. I've seen that done on here before. I'd do it if I only had 1.

Click Here for >
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Not really an upgrade or any part of the build, but I did get a replacement cup holder insert in the mail yesterday. Mine was missing one. Pretty excited about that. Also, I ordered some lift struts at the same time (Amazon) that didn't get delivered. Apparently, UPS only wants a signature when for delivery when nobody is home...

Also, I have a feeling the mud flaps are about to come off. They didn't keep any mud off the running boards, so why keep them?

Click Here for >
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Received my MaxPower rear lift struts while I was gone last week. Put them on yesterday morning. So much nicer now that I don’t have to hold the tailgate up.

Today, I took off the mud flaps & changed out the front u-joint at the t-case. It got pretty bad over the last week. I went with the Spicer greasable. It didn’t want to come out of the driveshaft at first. A little “sweet talk” & a few love taps with a brass shop hammer persuaded it easy enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FF1981E9-B1A2-4354-BB33-52AB73977132_1525741056089.jpeg (2.90 MB, 37 views)
File Type: jpeg 87F7C16F-AE3C-4F4C-9D38-C1AA86395F62_1525741069716.jpeg (1.59 MB, 42 views)
File Type: jpeg 934D779A-EB7D-4028-90E3-9533E3D5458B_1525741090415.jpeg (879.7 KB, 39 views)

Click Here for >
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2007 Midnight Blue ❌terra S

Garage
Quote:
Received my MaxPower rear lift struts while I was gone last week. Put them on yesterday morning. So much nicer now that I don’t have to hold the tailgate up.

Today, I took off the mud flaps & changed out the front u-joint at the t-case. It got pretty bad over the last week. I went with the Spicer greasable. It didn’t want to come out of the driveshaft at first. A little “sweet talk” & a few love taps with a brass shop hammer persuaded it easy enough.
Old one looks a bit crunchy...

Mildly Demented...

KT4OZ
Build Thread:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Quote:

Old one looks a bit crunchy...
Just a tad bit. Lol.

Click Here for >
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Update: Clutch Adjustment

So, I’m sitting on my front patio having my coffee & got a wild hair to FINALLY adjust my clutch throw. In my pajamas. I’ve been putting it off for a while. 3.5 turns of the turnbuckle & my clutch is AH-MAZING! It took long to round up the the 14mm wrench than to do it (12mm was easy to find). Now, if I could only afford the short-throw shifter...
TerryD likes this.

Click Here for >
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I haven't been on much in the last couple of months. After the Austin Axle Affair took all my Xterra FUNds, I had to make regular life a priority. I have finally decided to do away with the worn suspension in the future instead of AAL/spacer kit. It makes more sense to get a light duty OME than band-aid the stock setup. If it weren't for the bottoming out, I would stick with the original plan. Also, Timbrens are definitely going on by Halloween. Work slowed down in July and I'm just now finally back on a job & an oil change is sneaking up on me.
TerryD likes this.

Click Here for >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode