General Tarfun's Xterra - Page 8 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:27 AM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Yep! I did those FIRST. LOL!!!!
General_Tarfun likes this.

Why doesnít anyone ever ask for the least aggressive mud tire? ~jsexton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Spent most of the afternoon working on a interior lighting mod that would turn on/off with door/locks open/close. I was convinced I need to use a relay for this and after about 3 hours and 2 blown fuses later I had it working but the relay buzzed loudly every time the door or locks were activated. Then it sort of hit me that I didn't need any of that crap, maybe it was from working inside of a hot truck with the windows up but out of nowhere the thought came to just run two wires, one to the 12v(red wire) and the other to the switched ground(yellow wire). Duh! Tested that setup and saw it worked in about 3 minutes, only downside was I found that all 3 of my led lights I ordered were blue instead of white so with that I'm calling it a day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
@MartinX was nice enough to mail me a set of front turn signal/sidemarker wiring harnesses to experiment on for my turn signal mod, thanks to those I could figure out the wiring over a few hours on the couch instead of outside in the rain all day so that made things much easier! Basically my goal was to convert the sidemarker to a turn signal without cutting into the factory wiring and splicing it up, I tried a few different ways that didn't pan out before coming across this one.

I found that you can partially disassemble the harnesses and run a small wire through the waterproofing seal alongside the existing wire, remove the wire coating at the end, wrap it around the clip and put a 1/4" piece of shrink tube on it. With that the wire is tapped and you reassemble the harness as it was, in my case I did the turn signal clip and ran it out to the sidemarker (I used a spare sidemarker clip because I had one but you could do the same wire-tap technique on that harness as well. I ran a tap for the ground and the flasher (it's green wire on driver and passenger side) and ran those to the sidemarker.

Taylor Spaulding and MartinX like this.

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 05-12-2019 at 10:58 PM.

post #74 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S 4x4

Garage
Ok, that does it. Iím driving down there and having you do ALL THE MODS.

General_Tarfun likes this.

Why doesnít anyone ever ask for the least aggressive mud tire? ~jsexton
post #75 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Hahaha I wish that was something you could order online. Hey PRG give me the ALL THE MODS package!
MeHere! likes this.

post #76 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:57 PM
KC
Member - AKA Neptune
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
Hahaha I wish that was something you could order online. Hey PRG give me the ALL THE MODS package! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.thenewx.org/forum/images/smilies/headbang.gif[/IMG]
wait time..... 2 years lol jk
General_Tarfun and MeHere! like this.
post #77 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
wait time..... 2 years lol jk
Man no joke, some of the time he makes it really hard to order something.

post #78 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
I know what I'll be working on this weekend!

post #79 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Veteran
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
I know what I'll be working on this weekend!
Boxing up stuff to give away???

No matter where you go, there you are.
I never get lost, I have adventures.

Click Here for >
post #80 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunnie View Post
Boxing up stuff to give away???

Haha not this time!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode