General Tarfun's X - Page 6 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra S

Garage

scoyoc, BlackbirdSR71 and MartinX like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
I finally tracked down the replacement license plate light assembly for the 05-06 bumper design. Thanks Nissan, by the way, for just not offering a compatible replacement part for set of lights required by law to drive. Anyway the lights were made by a company called Westin and the part number is 00007153. The only difference is that the housings are chrome, at first I thought it was that crappy plastic chrome but it turns out they actually have a metal (I think aluminum) shell on them. I sanded them down, cleaned with denatured alcohol, and primed them this morning. Tonight I'll spray them with the base coat and then clear coat, after that they'll be ready to install.

Longboardr and BlackbirdSR71 like this.

post #53 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:42 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
I need to do all of this new HID bulb install...this is a great write up/ build ...thank you!
General_Tarfun likes this.

RJ Giddings
Click Here for >

post #54 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 PM
Veteran
2006 Super Black Xterra X 6MT 2wd

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Tarfun View Post
I located a small shop in Arizona that sells the 9007 sockets with 12 gauge pigtails already attached with a quality factory style terminal so I ordered 2.

My google-fu is failing me - would you be able to point us in the direction of this shop? Everything Iím finding is made in Asia with 16 gauge wiring.
post #55 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack. View Post
My google-fu is failing me - would you be able to point us in the direction of this shop? Everything Iím finding is made in Asia with 16 gauge wiring.
Thanks for reminding me, I just updated the post with the full parts list. Here's a link to that part on their page: https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/pro...ight-pigtails/
Zack. likes this.

post #56 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Sanded and painted the replacement license plate light housings last night. I have the LEDs ready to go in too so I don't think these will disintegrate from the heat like the original set did.

post #57 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Finished with the license plate light stuff this morning. Good thing the Westin kit comes with a new wiring harness because when I pulled the bulbs out to put in the LEDs I took a look at the plugs and found them in the condition you'd expect from something off the Titanic. Rusted beyond belief. So I cut those plugs off and spliced in the new ones, heat shrinked and plastic wrapped the connection just to be safe.

scoyoc and BlackbirdSR71 like this.

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 03-26-2019 at 01:34 PM.
post #58 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
I spent Saturday replacing the steering rack bushingg...again. Two years ago I bought some Richochet brand polyurethane rack bushings on fleabay that turned out to be complete trash. One of the them shrunk and the other turned into a parmesan cheese block and disintegrated resulting in some weird steering lately. At least now I know why the alignment would be great one day and off the next and then back to great. Nissan sells a bushing for the passenger side of the rack but not the other so I used a replica from Febest, also an ebay part so we'll see how long that holds up.

While I had the skids off I noticed the radiator lower mount was a little loose so I created a zip-tie brace to hold tension on it. Other than that I found a few other things that were rattling and loose so I took care of those. Also I noticed a the output seal on the trans is leaking pretty good, I had to add 1/8 qt of Matic-S so I need to start planning that repair.

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 04-18-2019 at 05:40 PM.
post #59 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Added an LED flush mounted light to the center console a few weeks ago but forgot to add any pics, super easy to install this. Just pop out the cup holders and there's a power cable to tap and plenty of room to use a drill.

Allshookup, scoyoc, TerryD and 2 others like this.

Last edited by General_Tarfun; 04-11-2019 at 04:33 PM.
post #60 of 126 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
The Fedex guy just dropped off some goodies for me. I finally bought a small touchup paint and clearcoat for a really small spot on my door that's not big enough for the hassle of spraying it. At the same time I ordered the brand of bumper paint they sell, mar-hyde Black Satin to paint the rear bumper ends with along with a green scuff pad.

Given the wipe new treatment I did a year ago is completely gone now I'm going this route now, I'll take pics for a how-to while I'm working on them. I'm really hoping that this works out because it's annoying to have the rear bumper and the rest of the truck look good and then have nasty plastic bumper ends with that wavy pattern in them.

Allshookup and MartinX like this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode