MrBoJangles_91 Build - Completed - Page 23 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Northwest Xterra Club (NWXC) Club Moderator
2010 Knight Armor ❌terra X Utility 4x4

Garage
A video from this past weekend!

Enjoy!

My On-Going Build >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Great shots, Eric. Glad to see youre enjoying the new tent, looks like it was a good choice. We need to get out camping together soon, I unfortunately leave Washington in a couple of months.

>
post #223 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
Great shots, Eric. Glad to see youre enjoying the new tent, looks like it was a good choice. We need to get out camping together soon, I unfortunately leave Washington in a couple of months.
It's different than the Kukenam but loving it so far. Whens your official departure date? Lets plan for an extended weekend in May with everyone as a last horraw!

My On-Going Build >

post #224 of 232 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Knight Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangles_91 View Post
It's different than the Kukenam but loving it so far. Whens your official departure date? Lets plan for an extended weekend in May with everyone as a last horraw!
So @Snowtrout, @Trixter404, and myself have decided that Memorial Day Weekend will be good for my last camping adventure in the PNW (for a while). We're still discussing where it's going to be.

I hit the road for DC on June 1st, the house goes on the market in 2 weeks. I suppose I need to find a group of like-minded Xterra owners in the mid-Atlantic region.

Any ideas for locales that won't be blocked by snow come the end of May?

>
post #225 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
So @Snowtrout, @Trixter404, and myself have decided that Memorial Day Weekend will be good for my last camping adventure in the PNW (for a while). We're still discussing where it's going to be.

I hit the road for DC on June 1st, the house goes on the market in 2 weeks. I suppose I need to find a group of like-minded Xterra owners in the mid-Atlantic region.

Any ideas for locales that won't be blocked by snow come the end of May?
A little late response. I'm going to out of town next weekend, so unfortunately I will have to miss out. The Utah photos looked great! I bet that was an awesome trip. Best of luck out there, I'm sure you'll find some xterra folks around there.

As for camp spots, I'm pretty sure most places should be AOK to go anywhere at elevation under 4500ft.

My On-Going Build >

post #226 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Took a nice trip out to the Entiat Mountains, Washington. Ran into some snow and almost fell off the side of the trail. Horray for winches!!! Super fun quick camp trip / trail run.

Still snowing at Stevens Pass on 4/27/19

Some wildflowers

I thought I could drive around the snow bank. Well I only got a few feet before the ground on my driver side tires started sinking. SCARY STUFF

Axel the Adventure pup!

My On-Going Build >

post #227 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
MrBoJangles_91 Build - Completed

@MrBoJangles_91 looks like you’ve had your ARB bumper for a while, what are your thoughts if you had to do it all over again?

Click Here for >
post #228 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
@MrBoJangles_91 looks like you’ve had your ARB bumper for a while, what are your thoughts if you had to do it all over again?
It was my first "mod". I love the thing for three reasons

1. You can get it ASAP. Usually within a week or two. Which is awesome compared to a few months to a year wait time with others.
2. It is SOLID. The design is great.
3. I've used the front bar to tap trees in tight situation more times than I can count.

On dislike is that it does not come with recovery points. But all you have to do is get a little crafty.

Would I do it again? Probably not, but only because I've already done it. If I get another xterra I would go with a hefty

My On-Going Build >

post #229 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoJangles_91 View Post
It was my first "mod". I love the thing for three reasons

1. You can get it ASAP. Usually within a week or two. Which is awesome compared to a few months to a year wait time with others.

2. It is SOLID. The design is great.

3. I've used the front bar to tap trees in tight situation more times than I can count.

On dislike is that it does not come with recovery points. But all you have to do is get a little crafty.

Would I do it again? Probably not, but only because I've already done it. If I get another xterra I would go with a hefty

Awesome, I’m between this or the hardcore bumper for about the same price. How’d you end up doing your recovery points? Did you end up using the factory hooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click Here for >
post #230 of 232 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
Awesome, I’m between this or the hardcore bumper for about the same price. How’d you end up doing your recovery points? Did you end up using the factory hooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P&P Engineering used to make these steel angled blocks that you can mount to the frame. I dont think they do anymore. I did not have factory hooks. But you could also go with that option

You can see them in this photo,

My On-Going Build >

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode